Consultation with Dr. Sergio Camacho

Posted (edited)

Does anybody have experience with Dr. Sergio Camacho of Bogota Hairlines in Colombia? I'm thinking if considering them for a transplant in case Dr. Nader or five doctors in Turkey I've consulted don't work out. He seems to held in good regard on this forum and Reddit, and the package including transport, 3 night hotel, and a bilingual private concierge are tempting. I assume prices are good, flights to Bogota are cheaper and take less time to get to then Turkey, and surprisingly Bogota is apparently safer than Reynosa Mexico where Dr. Nader is located. He also does only one surgery a day. Let me know what any of you think.

Edited by rs525

I contacted Bogota Hairlines and they responded quickly enough on Whatsapp. Abraham their consultant asked me the usual questions about medications, age, have you ever had a transplant before, any allergies and medical conditions. Sent them the pictures and will hear back by the end of next week. They're looking more and more enticing to me.

• Administrators

They’re a good clinic. You’ll be in good hands. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

They’re a good clinic. You’ll be in good hands. 

Would you say they are better than Dr. Cortez with HMR in Tijuana? HMR seems to be hit and miss with people and Dr. Camacho looks better but I saw a couple of patients on this forum who had issues with him and his crown work (my crown is fine thankfully).

Edited by rs525

So it's looking more and more like Bogota Hairlines will be my choice if I ever get a hair transplant. Unfortunately it looks like Dr. Nader takes forever to reach and his prices and wait times have shot up while Turkey is too far away and plane tickets are really expensive. From what I've seen and heard Dr. Camacho and his team look like winners, the price is still a very good deal. I am aware that a couple of members on here didn't have a good experience with them, but it seems the positive cases outweigh the negatives. It appears all hair transplants are a crapshoot.

On 4/19/2024 at 1:07 AM, rs525 said:

Does anybody have experience with Dr. Sergio Camacho of Bogota Hairlines in Colombia? I'm thinking if considering them for a transplant in case Dr. Nader or five doctors in Turkey I've consulted don't work out. He seems to held in good regard on this forum and Reddit, and the package including transport, 3 night hotel, and a bilingual private concierge are tempting. I assume prices are good, flights to Bogota are cheaper and take less time to get to then Turkey, and surprisingly Bogota is apparently safer than Reynosa Mexico where Dr. Nader is located. Do I need drug trials in  https://halthaconnect.com ? He also does only one surgery a day. Let me know what any of you think.

Absolutely, the aftercare was very comprehensive. Dr. Camacho and his team provided excellent follow-up support, checking in regularly to ensure my recovery was on track. They were always available for any questions I had post-surgery. In terms of results and safety, it's essential to consider that outcomes can vary based on individual cases. For anyone considering such procedures

Edited by MillerOliver

Posted (edited)

I just heard back from their consultant Abraham. He said the Doctor recommended between 2400-2800 grafts, the hotel and transfers and medications are included.

Unfortunately the prices have gone up with Dr. Camacho wanting $2.70 per graft and Dr. Pareja wanting $2.20 per graft. They have a new third option with a Dr. Gina Carranza for a fixed price of $5300. Not counting plane tickets which cost on average $350, I'm looking at spending anywhere between $5280 to $7560 depending on how many grafts are needed and who's the main doctor performing the procedure.

I'm disappointed that it's not much cheaper than going to Turkey. Still I'll probably go with them because Turkey takes forever for me to get to, round trip flights hover around the $1500 mark where I'm at and I hate spending a long time on airplanes and jet lag.

Also Dr. Nader hasn't got back to me and appears to be charging about $3.50 a graft. The good doctors are getting more expensive while the hair mills are still cheap. No wonder people go to these hair mills, it sucks.

Edited by rs525