Hello all, 

An opportunity came up to get a hair transplant with one of my preferred doctors, who usually have a long waitlist or at least don't work with my availability. It would occur at the beginning of June, with about 3500 grafts, mainly in the frontal area. The problem is I'll be on vacation in Spain from the 1st to the 30th of August. I've read about the sun and transplants and how it should be avoided for a while. I have no problem wearing a cap 99% of the time, but what about when I go swimming? Or if I go for a hike and sweat a lot with the hat, would that be a big issue? I guess I'm asking those who've had a transplant and a vacation soon after: how did it affect the result? 

Thanks!

• Valued Contributor

Sweating won't be an issue two months after the transplant. As far as swimming goes, you'll be fine if you a) keep sun exposure to a minimum, b) use factor 50 suncream as a precaution on your head for those times when your hat will be off. So don't spent a long amount of time in the pool or sea and you'll be fine. Basically just simple common sense stuff.

• Like 1

You will have almost 2 months between surgery and travelling . Skin will be healed and follicles intact below the surface. No problem being out in the sun. Of course it is never a good idea to get sunburned because of long term damage it can cause. If your wearing a hat most of the time you results should not be effected.