Normal angle for hairline?

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone,
I got a transplant with FUECapilar earlier in the week and I was wondering if the angle of these grafts look correct along the hairline?

image.png.d2a215de5f5ac70d9e8c742bb1269148.png

They seem to be pointing to my temples.  
Could this just be a misunderstanding on my part?

Thanks!

Edited by SeanT1

• Moderators

They should be pointing at least slightly towards the temples since it's on the side of the hairline. Do the ones closer to the center point forward more? I'd wait a few more days until the scabs come off to get a better idea of how the angles are looking. Perhaps the scabs forming are pushing them a bit more in that direction than they actually will be once the scabs are gone.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Al - Moderator said:

They should be pointing at least slightly towards the temples since it's on the side of the hairline. Do the ones closer to the center point forward more? I'd wait a few more days until the scabs come off to get a better idea of how the angles are looking. Perhaps the scabs forming are pushing them a bit more in that direction than they actually will be once the scabs are gone.

Thanks, this was my thought process also.  Perhaps the scabs are making them look a little off.
However, this seems to occur the whole way up to the middle of the hairline.

20240413_150129.jpg?ex=662d0aa8&is=661a95a8&hm=d4143d0c8bdf287db29ae3abec15e4875e180cdd0e934e43026fe84e5b61d96e&

image.thumb.png.40a6a836a3f055ee78fa340ef74b1fbc.png

I don't want to insult the doctor but I hope he didn't place grafts based on how my hair was tied during the surgery.

The temples themselves look correct
image.png.ffdecd68a8eb63629ba53af03951087d.png

Edited by SeanT1

• Valued Contributor

Very difficult to say from these pictures to be honest. Would be easier to tell if you’d shaved the native hair and once the scabs are off. 

1 hour ago, Berba11 said:

Very difficult to say from these pictures to be honest. Would be easier to tell if you’d shaved the native hair and once the scabs are off. 

I'll repost once the scabs are off and I'm able to untangle my hair from tails. :)

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, SeanT1 said:

I'll repost once the scabs are off and I'm able to untangle my hair from tails. :)

One of the disadvantages of doing an unshaved surgery is that by having to tie your hairline up, it's slightly more guesswork in terms of matching all the angles/directions of the newly implanted hairs with the existing hair than it would have been shaved. Shaved down, your existing hair angles/direction would have been clear and easier to replicate. I was a bit surprised you went down the no shave route to be honest, especially after you were told it would cost extra and that they wouldn't go into the forelock as much to add density.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

One of the disadvantages of doing an unshaved surgery is that by having to tie your hairline up, it's slightly more guesswork in terms of matching all the angles/directions of the newly implanted hairs with the existing hair than it would have been shaved. Shaved down, your existing hair angles/direction would have been clear and easier to replicate. I was a bit surprised you went down the no shave route to be honest, especially after you were told it would cost extra and that they wouldn't go into the forelock as much to add density.

Hi, I'm more surprised that they told me they could go into the forelock and add density as well as reshape.etc, the original agreement said 1500-2000 grafts will be used to improve density as well as temporal corners.  Then just before the surgery they said the opposite. 

I've seen some great non shaven results in the past, I'm optimistic.  But I completely understand why shaven is simply the better route in general.

I'm still wondering why there was an extra cost however.

Edited by SeanT1

• Valued Contributor
3 minutes ago, SeanT1 said:

I'm still wondering why there was an extra cost however.

I can't speak on the clinic's behalf but typically no-shave HT's take a bit longer and are just a bit trickier in general. Maybe the reduced graft count eliminated a discount that would normally be triggered for slightly higher grafts as I'd guess there's probably a minimum rate the clinic needs to make on any surgery to make it financially viable for that day. Again I don't know for sure, but these are some business considerations that could influence the price.

• Moderators

You shouldn’t need to keep your hair tied up more than a day or two after the surgery. 

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

58 minutes ago, Al - Moderator said:

You shouldn’t need to keep your hair tied up more than a day or two after the surgery. 

Hi again Al,

I was told by the FUECapilar team to keep it tied up for the first 10-14 days? This is to prevent hair from sticking onto the grafts and pulling them.