Former Dr. Konior patient...

I just had Dr. Konior do a hairline restoration for me it was great. Now I'm looking for PRP for my girlfriend in ATL area.

I am looking for a similar level of care in GA specifically in the PRP for instance we've read that having at least one million platelets per microliter of plasma is crucial for PRP effectiveness. Also, the centrifugation method to use is dual centrifuges for best results? Something along those lines, but I'm looking for PRP in Atlanta area if anyone could help. Thanks!

1618282137400.png

• Valued Contributor

Other posters will doubtless take a different view but personally I’d save the money on the PRP. I don’t think there’s any compelling evidence that it does anything worth parting with your money over. 

It may have some benefits from a surgical perspective, but I guess I’d ask… What are you/your partner hoping to achieve from PRP?

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Berba11 said:

Other posters will doubtless take a different view but personally I’d save the money on the PRP. I don’t think there’s any compelling evidence that it does anything worth parting with your money over. 

I agree with you. 

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Berba11 said:

It may have some benefits from a surgical perspective, but I guess I’d ask… What are you/your partner hoping to achieve from PRP?

Ya but it's not the same males vs females. I'd never do it, waste of time. Unless directly before or after surgery to help with healing. But thinning is different and obviously she doesnt have male pattern baldness whatever, males+females they're different. Not for me, for her. I think it's legit for females suffering from what I believe she could be here in this case (she took 5 vaxes) im unvaxed i dont worry about thinning from my own body eating itself. i only worry about DHT eating my follicles. she has probably cascading effects from the vax that i think PRP can actually heal. since minoxidil is heart-heavy med i dont want to offer that as an option to her whereas it's what i am on daily and the best thing for me.

Edited by skyler

• Valued Contributor
1 minute ago, skyler said:

Ya but it's not the same males vs females. I'd never do it, waste of time. Unless directly before or after surgery to help with healing. But thinning is different and obviously she doesnt have male pattern baldness whatever, males+females they're different. Not for me, for her. I think it's legit for females suffering from what I believe she could be here in this case (she took 5 vaxes) im unvaxed i dont worry about thinning from my own body eating itself

That's all a bit vague to be honest. What is the issue your partner is having with her hair? And what makes you think PRP will resolve it?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

That's all a bit vague to be honest. What is the issue your partner is having with her hair? And what makes you think PRP will resolve it?

Well it's thinning very evenly, it is looking like a bit stress-induced shedding, and may be lacking a bit of nutrients. I think the vax-induced rapid aging or whatever the hell that causes your own body to wear down quickly in terms of bloodflow/white blood cells. To think poor bloodflow could be the cause is something PRP would fix significantly from repeated therapy. This isn't DHT induced nor hormonal, i would think her Testosterone to Estrogen levels are normal, even though she just got off birth control which she took for 10 years elevating her normal estrogen levels significantly so those may not have reset back to baseline. Therefor MAYBE her T levels are slightly elevated and not accouunted for resulting in a bit of DHT androgen induced follicle shrinkage

Edited by skyler

by the way the thread in which Dr. Konior did my hairline is here: 

i just added progress pics yesterday I'm pretty happy with it :) i hope some more patches grow in but whatever the PRP isn't for me. female stuff hard to research but I think it's actually worth it for them (much like low laser light therapy isn't as thrilling for men as it is effective for women)

• Valued Contributor
5 minutes ago, skyler said:

Well it's thinning very evenly, it is looking like a bit stress-induced shedding, and may be lacking a bit of nutrients. I think the vax-induced rapid aging or whatever the hell that causes your own body to wear down quickly in terms of bloodflow/white blood cells. To think poor bloodflow could be the cause is something PRP would fix significantly from repeated therapy. This isn't DHT induced nor hormonal, i would think her Testosterone to Estrogen levels are normal, even though she just got off birth control which she took for 10 years elevating her normal estrogen levels significantly so those may not have reset back to baseline. Therefor MAYBE her T levels are slightly elevated and not accouunted for resulting in a bit of DHT androgen induced follicle shrinkage

Has she been stressed? Stress related hair loss will usually recover once the stress itself is addressed. PRP won't outdo stress. I've no idea what "vax-induced rapid aging" is, or what the medical basis for this is, or what vaccinations you're referring to specifically, but again, even if this were the case, I'm not seeing how PRP would be an antidote. There's simply no good evidence that PRP works for hair loss at all as far as I'm aware.

• Valued Contributor
16 minutes ago, skyler said:

Like you just said PRP isn't for permanent hair loss I agree. It's for exactly what you're describing is it not?

I don’t see why PRP would necessarily work for temporary hair loss either. Like I said, if the cause of temporary loss is known (stress, for eg), then reducing or eliminating that stress will be key to hair recovery. 

If you have robust evidence that PRP is a reliable and testable remedy to stress induced or “vax-induced rapid aging” hair loss, I’d be keen to read it. If not, then I don’t see the basis for parting with a decent sum of money for it. 

• Moderators

Well you can certainly try PRP if you wanted to. It's not going to hurt her. There's no real risk of something going wrong... at least not that I've ever heard of. The only thing you lose is money if it doesn't improve her hair. So I guess it's worth a try if you think it has a better shot at improvement in her case as opposed to a man experiencing male pattern baldness. If it was my girlfriend I'd probably go with her to a consultation with a Dr who offers it and see what they say.

I will suggest another thing you may want to try. I know a lot of people don't think this works, but I would look into trying a laser hat. I don't think it does very much for male pattern baldness, but I do think it may help in some cases like you are saying she is. I'm not an expert in it, but I did try using a laser comb years ago and I think it did have a small positive effect on an area around my FUT strip scar. I had some shock loss areas around a scar that just never grew back more than a few tiny hairs and I felt the laser comb kicked a few of those hairs into growing a little longer. 

Good luck. I hope she finds something that works.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.