How many grafts do I need? And what are your suggestions?

Greetings everyone!

My hair loss has been continuing for 4-5 years and I have decided to have a hair transplant. Which method do you think would be right for me? I'll be in Istanbul for 1.5 months due to my job. Which clinic do you think I should have my hair transplanted? Thank you in advance for your recommendations.

image.thumb.jpeg.8b05e7c3d96a49d3eb5258c8125be5de.jpeg

On 4/5/2024 at 5:08 PM, franklewis92 said:

Greetings everyone!

My hair loss has been continuing for 4-5 years and I have decided to have a hair transplant. Which method do you think would be right for me? I'll be in Istanbul for 1.5 months due to my job. Which clinic do you think I should have my hair transplanted? Thank you in advance for your recommendations.

image.thumb.jpeg.8b05e7c3d96a49d3eb5258c8125be5de.jpeg

Would you like to share few more photos from some other angle ?

On 4/5/2024 at 7:08 AM, franklewis92 said:

Greetings everyone!

Although it may be convenient for you to get a HT simply because you will be in Turkey for work...I would not factor this into your decision AT ALL.

Getting a HT in Turkey is more of a 'value for dollar' choice and not a quality choice.  The best docs are not in Turkey, but it's still possible to get a satisfactory result...but you'll have to spend more time on this site to make sure you don't make the wrong choice.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Don't get a hair transplant just because you happen to be there (wherever that may be, not just Turkey). There's a lot more to a hair transplant than just adding some hair to thinning areas. If it's not done right you'll be in much worse shape than not doing it at all.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

4 hours ago, Al - Moderator said:

Don't get a hair transplant just because you happen to be there (wherever that may be, not just Turkey). There's a lot more to a hair transplant than just adding some hair to thinning areas. If it's not done right you'll be in much worse shape than not doing it at all.

Well said!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Thank you all very much. I understand your concern about this issue and I appreciate you trying to help. I saw dozens of people who came from Turkey and whose results I liked very much. Yes, I also saw people who were unhappy! That's why I want to research here and make the right choice. I earn 3200 Euros as a salary and unfortunately I don't have the chance to spend 8000-10000 Euros on hair transplantation. I want to make the right choice in the most effective way. As you can understand, not everyone has the opportunity to go to the best doctor in the world for a hair transplant. It is VERY IMPORTANT to me that it looks natural. From what I've seen, Dr.Zarev is one of the best doctors. But he wants 900 euros even for a consultation and it is not clear how many years later he will make an appointment! I would like to be able to pay 22.500 euros for 2500 grafts, but I don't have such a budget.