Can Blow Drying (Cold Air) Push-Induce a Hair to go into Telogen phase ?

Posted (edited)

I have a question So Hair has a cycle which is Anagen, Catagen and Telogen is where the hair sheds and then it again grows in phases again. is this possible? Let’s say if I am blow drying my hair, and when you blow dry hair, there is a little bit of pulling an tension of hair that happens because of the rolling of brush. Is it possible that if you do it every other day or like on daily basis, can that push the hair into telogen phase? And by the way I am using Cold Air.

The reason why am asking this is when I apply minoxidil normally, I don’t see hair shedding from my transplanted hair area, but lately I have been doing blow drying every alternate day, and I use room temperature Air,and so when I applied minoxidil, I saw shedding of some hair in my hand, these were 1 or 2 strands normally I don’t see it, not at least from my transplanted area, I know Minoxidil can cause some Telogen Hair to shed, Hair which are already in Telogen Phase, But still I was just thinking can blow dry and push your hair into telogen face when it is not supposed to.

I am way out of my Transplanted Care Time with a Couple of Months now I am on my 10th Month Mark after last procedure (Of the Many that I have got done)

So Can Blow drying push hair into Telogen phase ?

Edited by augustya

21 hours ago, augustya said:

I have a question So Hair has a cycle which is Anagen, Catagen and Telogen is where the hair sheds and then it again grows in phases again. is this possible? Let’s say if I am blow drying my hair, and when you blow dry hair, there is a little bit of pulling an tension of hair that happens because of the rolling of brush. Is it possible that if you do it every other day or like on daily basis, can that push the hair into telogen phase? And by the way I am using Cold Air.

The reason why am asking this is when I apply minoxidil normally, I don’t see hair shedding from my transplanted hair area, but lately I have been doing blow drying every alternate day, and I use room temperature Air,and so when I applied minoxidil, I saw shedding of some hair in my hand, these were 1 or 2 strands normally I don’t see it, not at least from my transplanted area, I know Minoxidil can cause some Telogen Hair to shed, Hair which are already in Telogen Phase, But still I was just thinking can blow dry and push your hair into telogen face when it is not supposed to.

I am way out of my Transplanted Care Time with a Couple of Months now I am on my 10th Month Mark after last procedure (Of the Many that I have got done)

So Can Blow drying push hair into Telogen phase ?

I think it was because of minoxidil

• Moderators

You may have blown some out with the blow drying, but those hairs were about to fall out anyway over the next day or two. For example suppose you were going to lose 100 hairs in a 24 hour day. You blow dry your hair and make 50 hairs fall out. Then you'll only lose 50 over the rest of he day. You're just pushing them to be all at once. It happens if you vigorously run your hands through your hair too. You'll get a few hairs fall out, but they were about to go anyway. It doesn't really make a difference overall.

EDIT: I should add that as long as you're not actually pulling them out you are fine.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.