Recommended doctor/clinic for a second hair transplant? Temples & density

Hi everyone, thank you for your messages!
I will reply to them here. :)

17 hours ago, Gatsby said:

No offense at all implied @SeanToman as I am a huge fan of you and your results. I would (just my own opinion) first look for elite surgeons who turn out great results in hairlines such as De Freitas, Sethi, etc just to name a couple as their a few good names out there. Narrow it down to who you feel will achieve the results you are looking for. The real problem I see though however isn't a limited budget. It's the risk of ruining the hairline you have (which I think works great for you now and will far into the future) that you have that looks 100% natural. If it were me I would leave it and keep your money for the future 'if' you need further work in other areas of you hair (which you don't have any sign of now). Wishing you all the best mate.

Hi again Gatsby, it's lovely to hear from you!
I'm a big fan of your journey also.. you're an icon for many man who wants hair restoration.

I think the highest I could do regarding "elite surgeons" is £3 per graft at around 1200 grafts to fit within the £3500 budget.
But I'd also like this to be preformed non-shaven and in April (I have a lot of traveling ahead after).

Thank you for your honesty regarding your views on moving forward. :)
I do like my hairline, but I  believe it really lacks density, especially in the light.  "Elithair" either did a terrific job with keeping singles at the front, or I simply have very thin hair (which I do).  I think the likelihood of graft usage will be the same regardless of clinic due to how thin my hair is.  SMP does a decent job improving, but it could be much better, especially in regards to the "shape" of my styled hair.. since it lacks density it can look very odd and thin with certain styles.

I'm going to post a video and some more screenshots of my donor area after this message.

10 hours ago, hairman22 said:

Dr saifi i think

I sent an email, thanks.  I'm enquiring with all doctors.

6 hours ago, Miller1980 said:

Dr Michalis in cyprus might be good option for increasing your hairline density. He charges 1.5 euro/graft with permission pictures without face.

B8803415-B333-4C0B-ABC6-5A1FD2F90AD0.jpeg.54f2c0176b768164487c7305af9d13a9.jpeg

5 hours ago, Berba11 said:

Any good surgeon will be able to do this. I really like Dr Mani's hairline work - he understands naturalness and you'll get the proper care and attention you deserve. Travel from Ireland to London should be cheap and obviously only a very quick flight over. Might be a good option to consider.

3 hours ago, Hairwolf said:

I also think Dr Michalis is a good shout. You can find some great refinement work of his online and within your budget. Would give Turkey a wide berth this time imo unless you want to up your budget for Keser or Pekiner. 

Wow, lots of positive feedback for Dr. Michalis, I will email him also.  Thank you!

Hello everyone, here is a quick video sample of my current donor area after my first transplant (over 2 years ago), as well as some screenshots of the density and my temporal corners.

76049758-20be-43fe-9182-84a4227276c5.jpg

70ced98a-9e1c-4b95-956d-1af14b63c448.jpg

• Moderators

Your temple points don't look too bad. I'd probably leave those alone because those are hard to get looking right. I don't think it's worth risking it unless you really needed them. I'd concentrate on lowering the sides of the hairline just a bit and adding some density. I think the front, center is probably at the right height, but you have too much of a V. Straightening it out just a bit with added density in the area you already have transplanted would give you a nice improvement.

• Thanks 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

1 hour ago, Al - Moderator said:

Your temple points don't look too bad. I'd probably leave those alone because those are hard to get looking right. I don't think it's worth risking it unless you really needed them. I'd concentrate on lowering the sides of the hairline just a bit and adding some density. I think the front, center is probably at the right height, but you have too much of a V. Straightening it out just a bit with added density in the area you already have transplanted would give you a nice improvement.

Thank you, sir!
I see what you mean by this, perhaps you are right.  Others have suggested this also in the past.
I appreciate the feedback. :)

Michalis is a great shout

On 3/25/2024 at 1:37 PM, Hairwolf said:

I also think Dr Michalis is a good shout. You can find some great refinement work of his online and within your budget. Would give Turkey a wide berth this time imo unless you want to up your budget for Keser or Pekiner. 

2 hours ago, RTC said:

Michalis is a great shout

Sent an email yesterday hopefully they'll reply soon and that he doesn't have a long waiting list. 🤞

If not then I'll try fuecapilar, yaman and eugenix.. they all say they have availability in April luckily.

Hi again everyone,
I have decided to go with Dr. Turan at FUECapilar, my appointment is due on 9th April. :)
It seems Dr Michalis is not available at the moment.

Thank you to all who gave such great suggestions and advice! 
I'll log my second transplant journey on this forum also. 

I wouldnt change the shape of your hairline, if I were you I would only add density, check HDC, they are a good clinic and affortable, maybe you also get a discount if you book through the forum

Eugenix does great frontal/hairline work; they are very good at artistic design and looking natural with good density. Just one of a handful of good options I'm sure you have.

How soon after your first HT did you get SMP done? Curious how soon it can be done after a HT.

1 hour ago, general-etwan said:

Eugenix does great frontal/hairline work; they are very good at artistic design and looking natural with good density. Just one of a handful of good options I'm sure you have.

How soon after your first HT did you get SMP done? Curious how soon it can be done after a HT.

I've seen eugenix work magic on temple points.
However, the price range is simply out of my budget.  I could only opt for the most basic package with them with doctors that do not have any reviews.  So I am uncomfortable proceeding this way.

I got SMP at about 6-7 months on transplanted area.  But not the donor site. 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2024 at 11:47 PM, SeanToman said:

Hi again everyone,
I have decided to go with Dr. Turan at FUECapilar, my appointment is due on 9th April. :)
It seems Dr Michalis is not available at the moment.

Thank you to all who gave such great suggestions and advice! 
I'll log my second transplant journey on this forum also. 

Great choice. Dr Turan is really good at high density hairlines! When are you going to have your second surgery and what price did he quote you?

29 minutes ago, BaldGuy said:

Great choice. Dr Turan is really good at high density hairlines! When are you going to have your second surgery and what price did he quote you?

Hi sir,
4000 Euro for non-shaven procedure. :)
Shaven would have been 3600 Euro total.

Thank you for saying so! I'm excited to have this journey.
Surgery is on 9th April 2024, few days from now. 

I'll post the airport journey as well as overall experience with the clinic/doctor.etc as well as results overtime.  I noticed Dr Turan doesn't have any non-shaven reviews so I'm happy to do this on the forum.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SeanToman said:

I've seen eugenix work magic on temple points.
However, the price range is simply out of my budget.  I could only opt for the most basic package with them with doctors that do not have any reviews.  So I am uncomfortable proceeding this way.

I got SMP at about 6-7 months on transplanted area.  But not the donor site. 

I see what you mean. Dr. Vinita is very nice and keeps it very simple, but if you were to go there I’d say you need to be very knowledgeable and assertive about exactly what you want. They’ll do what you want if you are assertive and dictate it exactly. The doctor only makes the slits at Eugenix; extraction and implantation is done by techs. But good luck whatever you decide on.

Yeah, I’ll be looking to get SMP only on my recipient area too and figured it’d be okay to do a few months after HT. Thanks!

• Thanks 1