Finasteride 6 days a week + dutasteride 1 day a week

Does anyone mix together finasteride and dutasteride? Can you share your experience please

As i saw some HT doctors recommend for a boost to take DUT once per week

• Like 1

mmmmmmm, you want to find the right balance of low dht but no sides, and i think thats a bit overkill and only increases the risk of sides.

but do you

6 hours ago, magn1fikus said:

Does anyone mix together finasteride and dutasteride? Can you share your experience please

Tbh I've never heard about this protocol finasteride 6x and dutasteride 1x. In my opinion, that would be overdosing

13 hours ago, magn1fikus said:

I follow this exact regimen since last 3 years.

Have been on fin 1 mg since almost 11 years

3 hours ago, magn1fikus said:

please share your experience w🙂

Nothing much to report . Had no sides with fin+ dut regimen . Had started this because i felt i was losing ground on fin daily . I consulted my HT surgeon . He asked me to add dutasteride once weekly. Not sure my hair benefited or not but there is a gradual decline in hair condition over the years which is normal . You can see my threads to see my hair condition .

• Well Done 1

3 hours ago, Petroholic said:

Nothing much to report . Had no sides with fin+ dut regimen . Had started this because i felt i was losing ground on fin daily . I consulted my HT surgeon . He asked me to add dutasteride once weekly. Not sure my hair benefited or not but there is a gradual decline in hair condition over the years which is normal . You can see my threads to see my hair condition .

but did dut make any diffrence?

• 2 weeks later...

I also added 1 dut tablet a week after 15 years on fin. Reason for adding was that I noticed I was shedding a lot more hairs all of a sudden. Now, this shedding coincided with the welcoming of a baby, so who knows if this was MPB or just sleepless nights and stress. I guess I’ll never know.

Currently pop two of them a week with fin the other 5 days. No sides and no more shed. 

May go back to one a week although I don’t believe this could be considered ODing when a standard dosing recommendation for dut is 0.5mg every day. 

edit to add: hair cafe did a video on this, and spoke about the origins of the method

Edited by OceanMountainSky