Day 10 Scabs Question

Posted (edited)

Hi Everyone, 

It’s 10th day since my procedure. I’ve been following the cleaning guidance my clinic provided.

I saw very tiny scabs form in my donor area and they came off easily around day 8. 

However, I didn’t see a lot of easily visible scabs form in the recipient area. I do see many tiny little bulb like light beige colored lumps which I’m not seeing in other Day 8-11 pictures shared on this site. 

Does my healing seem to be on track ?  

IMG_8314.jpeg

IMG_8313.jpeg

Edited by Jugnu

• Moderators

It could be dry, flaky skin. It's hard to tell. Try putting some baby oil on it and leave it in for 10 to 15 minutes. Are you using minoxidil? That can dry your scalp after a hair transplant more than it normally does.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

What you are seeing are crusts which are the tips of the grafts above the scalp line that have dried out…simply follow the post-op instructions regarding the removal of these crusts.

Crusts and scabs are two different things…crusts are dried out tissue and scabs are dried out blood.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Thanks for the responses. I followed the post-op instructions allowing extra soak time and after a couple of attempts all crusts/scabs came off. 

Good for you…now, your recipient area has a clean crust free environment for the regrowth of your grafts!

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY