Recommended Doctors at Different Budgets

Hello all,

I hope I am not missing something on the site, but it seems like it would be helpful to get recommendations of doctors/clinics at various price levels.

I know I can find a list of recommended doctors here -> https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/dr-arika-bansal/patients, but there is no pricing information to help filter to each of our own budgets. I know budget shouldn't be the main concern when getting a medical procedure done, but realistically, it is a major deciding factor for many people about where they go. 

Ideally, we could break this down by price per graft (1-2, 2-4, 4-6, 6-8) so it's easy for people to understand their options and not have to search the forum, find recommended doctors, contact the doctor, find out the cost is 30k and repeat. 

Apologies if I am missing something, and this information is readily available. I'm just trying to make an informed decision and get the best HT I can afford.

3 minutes ago, cptgetdrunk said:

Hello all,

I hope I am not missing something on the site, but it seems like it would be helpful to get recommendations of doctors/clinics at various price levels.

I know I can find a list of recommended doctors here -> https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/dr-arika-bansal/patients, but there is no pricing information to help filter to each of our own budgets. I know budget shouldn't be the main concern when getting a medical procedure done, but realistically, it is a major deciding factor for many people about where they go. 

Ideally, we could break this down by price per graft (1-2, 2-4, 4-6, 6-8) so it's easy for people to understand their options and not have to search the forum, find recommended doctors, contact the doctor, find out the cost is 30k and repeat. 

Apologies if I am missing something, and this information is readily available. I'm just trying to make an informed decision and get the best HT I can afford.

You can find the pricing for each doctor in their websites or on different threads in this forum. This is not difficult at all.

Hey,

first thanks for replying to my post!

I realize it is possible to do what you suggested above; however, it does not seem like an optimal process when there is so much great knowledge on these forums. 

Your suggestion is to search the forum for all the places people recommend. Go to their individual sites. Find the pricing and record it. If they do not show the pricing upfront but want to do a consultation first, contact them and do a consultation. Then, repeat this for each recommended doctor/clinic. 

This just seems like it wastes a lot of everyone's time: people trying to find information and doctors/clinics (consulting with people who cannot realistically afford them).

This does not seem like a great solution when there is already a list of recommended doctors without any idea of pricing. 

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, jjalay said:

You can find the pricing for each doctor in their websites

you can?

Not to be cynical - but in my experience pricing is not a static amount, but rather doctors subjectively look at a # of factors in setting the price.

Edited by HappyMan2021

• Valued Contributor
32 minutes ago, cptgetdrunk said:

Hey,

first thanks for replying to my post!

I realize it is possible to do what you suggested above; however, it does not seem like an optimal process when there is so much great knowledge on these forums. 

Your suggestion is to search the forum for all the places people recommend. Go to their individual sites. Find the pricing and record it. If they do not show the pricing upfront but want to do a consultation first, contact them and do a consultation. Then, repeat this for each recommended doctor/clinic. 

This just seems like it wastes a lot of everyone's time: people trying to find information and doctors/clinics (consulting with people who cannot realistically afford them).

This does not seem like a great solution when there is already a list of recommended doctors without any idea of pricing. 

There's several issues with putting a doctor's pricing in the recommended section:

1. Prices change often so it would be difficult to always keep on top of that.

2. Whilst most doctors have a standard price, certain work such as repairs or complicated cases may require a custom price and to list standard prices may be misleading and cause more problems than it solves for both the clinic and prospective patient.

3. Realistically, clinics don't want to be shoehorned in the "budget" category as it has - or can have - (albeit unfairly) implications on people's perception of the quality of their work.

4. The clinics who have been accepted for recommendation pay a subscription, so you can imagine from a business perspective that some clinics will be less open to putting their prices directly alongside other clinics in the same space.

With all of that said, there was a handy infographic/chart floating around with a decent approximation of various clinic's pricing.

• Valued Contributor
40 minutes ago, cptgetdrunk said:

This just seems like it wastes a lot of everyone's time

Proper research requires time and at the end of the day, the worst thing that can happen with the situation you've outlined is you end up getting some very high level consultations from surgeons you maybe cannot afford to employ. Ending up getting consultations with top surgeons is always a good thing even if you eventually end up going somewhere else for the surgery. One interpretation is to view that as a waste of time... I don't think that's the smart interpretation though.

I do agree that transparency in pricing is overall a good thing however, and if there are straightforward ways to mitigate some of the issues I outlined in the previous post then I don't see the harm. But like I said previously, it's not as straightforward as you'd imagine. 

26 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

you can?

Not to be cynical - but in my experience pricing is not a static amount, but rather doctors subjectively look at a # of factors in setting the price.

I dont believe you can easily find the pricing. For example, the three places/doctors I was/am interested in, and that are recommended do not show their pricing upfront on their sites (Absolute, Eugenix, Felipe). But your point about the various # of factors is still valid, so I understand just a blanket price might not accurate.

29 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

There's several issues with putting a doctor's pricing in the recommended section:

1. Prices change often so it would be difficult to always keep on top of that.

2. Whilst most doctors have a standard price, certain work such as repairs or complicated cases may require a custom price and to list standard prices may be misleading and cause more problems than it solves for both the clinic and prospective patient.

3. Realistically, clinics don't want to be shoehorned in the "budget" category as it has - or can have - (albeit unfairly) implications on people's perception of the quality of their work.

4. The clinics who have been accepted for recommendation pay a subscription, so you can imagine from a business perspective that some clinics will be less open to putting their prices directly alongside other clinics in the same space.

With all of that said, there was a handy infographic/chart floating around with a decent approximation of various clinic's pricing.

1. Valid point, though a ballpark would be great, I still feel. The only pricing I have found for Felipe is from a random reddit post (have reached out to find out more though)
2. That does make sense.
3. Maybe that perception is true however, for me at least, there are simply some clinics that are out of my price range. A 5 USD/graft price becomes 25k quickly when needing 5k grafts. Then with conversion from Canadian monopoly money its at 33k. I cannot be the only person in this situation. So then you would think that the clinics that are recommend and lower price would do well to promote their lower prices so we can find them.
4. Fair that they may not want this directly on their profiles. So something like that infographic could be stickied to the forum so the information is easily obtained.

29 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

Proper research requires time and at the end of the day, the worst thing that can happen with the situation you've outlined is you end up getting some very high level consultations from surgeons you maybe cannot afford to employ. Ending up getting consultations with top surgeons is always a good thing even if you eventually end up going somewhere else for the surgery. One interpretation is to view that as a waste of time... I don't think that's the smart interpretation though.

I do agree that transparency in pricing is overall a good thing however, and if there are straightforward ways to mitigate some of the issues I outlined in the previous post then I don't see the harm. But like I said previously, it's not as straightforward as you'd imagine. 

Your point about getting the worst thing that can happen is very true. You empower yourself by getting more consultations and more advice from the top doctors. 

I guess I'm just thinking out loud here. I do intend to do my research; there are just a lot of recommendations between the forums and the doctors, and it can be somewhat overwhelming. 

• Valued Contributor
2 minutes ago, cptgetdrunk said:

Your point about getting the worst thing that can happen is very true. You empower yourself by getting more consultations and more advice from the top doctors. 

I guess I'm just thinking out loud here. I do intend to do my research; there are just a lot of recommendations between the forums and the doctors, and it can be somewhat overwhelming. 

As a general rule, clinic pricing is largely determined by location. Countries like Thailand, Turkey, Cyrpus and India are essentially where you'll find the bulk of the lower cost clinics. The trick is to find the good ones from those countries. In western Europe, the US, Canada and Brazil you're going to be paying quite similar sorts of prices.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

--> 1-2 euros per graft - dr kongkiat laorwong ,dr gur, dr turan,dr jebai ,dr demirsoy ,dr michalis georgiou ,dr patty,dr alok sahoo, dr Espinosa (medecap clinic) 

--> 2-3.5 euros per graft -dr pekiner,dr custodio ,dr bicer,dr saifi, dr de freitas ,dr keser, dr ximena villa, dr heinicke,dr nader, Dr Camacho,dr bonaros,HLC clinic, dr keser ,dr pathomvanich,HDC clinic,dr das(eugenix clinic),hattingen clinic

—> 3.5-5 euros per graft - dr pinto ,dr ferreira,dr pittela,dr couto,dr bisanga,dr mwamba,dr lupanzula ,dr nadimi dr arika bansal (eugenix clinic)

—> 6 and above euros per graft - Dr Munib Ahmad , dr zarev, dr shapiro, dr konior, dr feriduni ,dr Sethi (eugenix clinic),

These prices are approximate; please confirm them with the clinic for exact figures.

—>There might be other competent doctors not included in the list, as I lack information about their pricing or overall expertise. It's advisable to conduct your own research or seek opinions from other individuals.

This list does not recommend any specific surgeon and should only be viewed as a source of information regarding names of different surgeon who can be consulted. It is based on my research, knowledge, and personal choice. Everyone should conduct their own research before selecting a surgeon, as opinions and preferences vary.

• Like 5

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Moderators

There was a member @Portugal25 who was nice enough to create a price list a few years ago, but the prices and packages change so often I think it got to be too much trouble for him to keep it updated. It's not as easy to do as it sounds because some clinics have different prices depending on which package you choose.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.