Dr Zarev vacuum assisted Vs Neograft?

Posted (edited)

I’m wondering if some hairloss guru can help me with what I’ve wanted to find for some time.

Dr Zarev as we all know uses a vacuum assisted FUE machine build by himself, but how much different is it to the NeoGraft which was brought out? They look hugely similar in both of the products (the vacuum part) 

if I remember correctly, Zarev with his tool can ensure early contraction rate of the donor area which is one of my favourite parts about Zarev is how clean and well the punch wounds close up.

but, is there some new or preferred punch type he’s using to make these wounds close and heal so early? I wish one of the questions Melvin could of asked is what punch type he could of used (if this is the case as to why the wounds heal so well).

anyway, hope some hairloss witcher can have some answers.

084E4F35-07C6-443F-B5AF-A1CD9A03CDFA.jpeg

00C655D9-B5A0-4674-A90F-2C2853CDB9D2.jpeg

Edited by Woody1000

Its mosty the doctor that makes the difference not the device. If you ask me Neograft and ARTAS are simply worthless because most of the clinics that use these devises operate as beauty salons and dont really know or dont care about how a good hairtransplant should look or be done. The ignorance ans unawareness of plastic surgeons, dermatologists or technisians using these devices is really unbelieveable.

I just couldn’t wrap my head around the vacuum part doing anything as grafts are held in by the fat layer. However I’m wondering if the punch itself is not on the market or is custom made to allow the donor area to heal faster and cause less obvious scarring, allowing him to extract more without dilution of the donor. Just a thought 

36 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I just couldn’t wrap my head around the vacuum part doing anything as grafts are held in by the fat layer. However I’m wondering if the punch itself is not on the market or is custom made to allow the donor area to heal faster and cause less obvious scarring, allowing him to extract more without dilution of the donor. Just a thought 

In my opinion Zarev extracts partial grafts and not true follicular units. Meaning if it is a 3 hair follicle he will extract 1 or 2 of the hairs. He makes up for this by transplanting large quantity of follicles. End result is the same. 

JMO. but feel like it is true based on the punch size, but also a repair case where he had to remove the misplaced follicles over multiple sessions. 

6 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

I’m wondering if some hairloss guru can help me with what I’ve wanted to find for some time.

Dr Zarev as we all know uses a vacuum assisted FUE machine build by himself, but how much different is it to the NeoGraft which was brought out? They look hugely similar in both of the products (the vacuum part) 

if I remember correctly, Zarev with his tool can ensure early contraction rate of the donor area which is one of my favourite parts about Zarev is how clean and well the punch wounds close up.

but, is there some new or preferred punch type he’s using to make these wounds close and heal so early? I wish one of the questions Melvin could of asked is what punch type he could of used (if this is the case as to why the wounds heal so well).

anyway, hope some hairloss witcher can have some answers.

084E4F35-07C6-443F-B5AF-A1CD9A03CDFA.jpeg

00C655D9-B5A0-4674-A90F-2C2853CDB9D2.jpeg

Still in awe looking at a screenshot of my message haha 

Size of punch, talent and his R&D basically. Can't wait !

8 hours ago, shiba1985 said:

In my opinion Zarev extracts partial grafts and not true follicular units. Meaning if it is a 3 hair follicle he will extract 1 or 2 of the hairs. He makes up for this by transplanting large quantity of follicles. End result is the same. 

JMO. but feel like it is true based on the punch size, but also a repair case where he had to remove the misplaced follicles over multiple sessions. 

This seems to actually be a good explanation, don’t you think he would have a high chance of damaging the graft this way? I just believe he must be a master of using his own punch and whatever type it may be to reduce dilution and minimal scarring 

4 hours ago, MC117 said:

Still in awe looking at a screenshot of my message haha 

Size of punch, talent and his R&D basically. Can't wait !

Sorry mate🤣 I should have included your username for research of that photo and info🤣

Posted (edited)

The punch Zarev uses is obviously helping. His work looks so neat, barely any noticeable scars. Let’s not take away from his hands though, that’s still where the magic happens 🤣

On a side note I saw Dr Ahmad at Fuegenix displayed work yesterday on his Instagram after using a new punch too. Work looks so tidy and I bet within  few days the donor will be back to normal. Once that skin contracts I can see it closing over very easily. I wonder how it differs / matches up to what Zarev uses. 

Whatever these two are doing they are leading the way. Two masters of their craft.

IMG_5345.jpeg

Edited by ScottishGuy21

24 minutes ago, ScottishGuy21 said:

The punch Zarev uses is obviously helping. His work looks so neat, barely any noticeable scars. Let’s not take away from his hands though, that’s still where the magic happens 🤣

On a side note I saw Dr Ahmad at Fuegenix displayed work yesterday on his Instagram after using a new punch too. Work looks so tidy and I bet within  few days the donor will be back to normal. Once that skin contracts I can see it closing over very easily. I wonder how it differs / matches up to what Zarev uses. 

Whatever these two are doing they are leading the way. Two masters of their craft.

IMG_5345.jpeg

I can’t put it into words, almost like the initial pierce is small but then opens up to cut the graft out of place (yes that didn’t make sense) but it’s mind boggling compared to some of the donors you see on the subs😂 skilled in their on art love clean donor work 

56 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

This seems to actually be a good explanation, don’t you think he would have a high chance of damaging the graft this way? I just believe he must be a master of using his own punch and whatever type it may be to reduce dilution and minimal scarring 

Why risk damaging the donor by splitting the follicle rather than just extracting it (and if necessary splitting later)? 

I can see why that may be beneficial in that it may result in follicles being closer together in the donor and allowing a greater extraction percentage but I would be concerned it'd result in more damage and therefore lower survival rates in the donor and recipient areas.

25 minutes ago, Buffaloboy said:

I just wish I knew of Zarev two years ago when he was much less expensive and a shorter waiting list 😀

He was really hard to get hold of during his clinic transition. Clinic is easy to speak to now but years away from a consultation never mind on schedule transplant😂

21 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

Sorry mate🤣 I should have included your username for research of that photo and info🤣

Hahah no worries fam, just pulling your leg there !! 

On 3/8/2024 at 4:34 PM, ScottishGuy21 said:

IMG_5345.jpeg

@DrMunibAhmad

• Like 1

On 3/8/2024 at 12:09 AM, shiba1985 said:

Nah, it doesn't make sense to me. He uses punch size from 0,5 mm - 0,8mm. So if there is 3 hair folicle, he propably uses 0,8 mm punch like other surgeons

However when he uses very small punch for the single hair, the problem can occur when there is second hair hidden under the skin(just starts growing). But how often this kind of situation occurs? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2024 at 3:34 AM, ScottishGuy21 said:

IMG_5345.jpeg

I can confirm this.

I just had my crown done at FueGenix with Dr. Munib a week ago, and my donor is already all healed up.