Freezing cold shower, headache

Hey,

At three months post op, I've kind of forgotten about my HT and the extra precautions I should be following...until now. Our boiler is broken so, not adverse to cold water, I'm having freezing cold showers, to the extent that after the shower I have a slight headache for a few minutes. Could this vascular contraction cause the grafts harm (they aren't growing yet)? 

Thanks in advance! 

There is no way that you can harm the grafts this way, if this was the case everyone who gets cold showers or goes regularly swimming at the beach would be bald.

1 hour ago, shiba1985 said:

I thnk, if anything it will help. It helps with Musculoskeletal injury recoveries. 

But bro please fix your boiler . this is no way to live. 

Cold showers are beneficial, keep the boiler broken 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, jjalay said:

There is no way that you can harm the grafts this way, if this was the case everyone who gets cold showers or goes regularly swimming at the beach would be bald.

Isn’t this the central question though - are grafts at 3 months just like non-transplanted grafts, or, while physically secure, are they still delicate and need certain conditions to become normal hair?  

2 hours ago, secondtryuser said:

Isn’t this the central question though - are grafts at 3 months just like non-transplanted grafts, or, while physically secure, are they still delicate and need certain conditions to become normal hair?  

After 3 months your grafts are secure, the problem is you havent seen the final result of your transplant not until 12 months. For ever patient that has had a bad result it comes unfortunately to questioning if something was done wrong from their sight but for the most this is not the case.

So to answer your question if you dont have any skin conditions or other health issues that will cause hairloss, for your transplanted and native hair also, your transplanted hair after 3 months should be treated like native hairs.

On 3/6/2024 at 11:38 AM, Bronamath123 said:

are there other precautions we should be taking 3 months post-op? I thought we were in the clear from damaging grafts, hurting growth at this point

Mainly avoiding sun exposure up to at least the 6 month mark. Other than getting sun burnt grafts are secure at 3 months. 

• Like 1