Cinik hair transplant - should I do it?

Hi everyone, 

I am thinking of booking a hairtransplant for my crown with dr cinik clinic. I have read some bad reviews in here that make me question it, but most of them focused on bad hairlines etc. I am looking for a more modest work inside the hairline and on the crown area. I have a good quantity of hair. Do you suggest to continue with it, should I look to alternatives or should I consider other treatments like prp?

Thank you!

• Moderators

Hi @hairchr,

Welcome to the forums. Take a look at our recommended Drs on this list: https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

Some clinics don't like to do small sessions, so even if you only need a small amount of work behind the hairline, they may try to talk you into recreating a new, lower hairline, or worse yet, not even discuss it with you and create it anyway. I'm not saying the clinic you mentioned in particular will do that (I don't know), but be careful where you go especially if you are already questioning going there due to bad reviews.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Valued Contributor
21 hours ago, hairchr said:

Hi everyone, 

I am thinking of booking a hairtransplant for my crown with dr cinik clinic. I have read some bad reviews in here that make me question it, but most of them focused on bad hairlines etc. I am looking for a more modest work inside the hairline and on the crown area. I have a good quantity of hair. Do you suggest to continue with it, should I look to alternatives or should I consider other treatments like prp?

Thank you!

If you have a good amount of hair then make sure you keep it. Bad crown work can stick out as much as bad hairline work. I would forget about ongoing treatments like expensive PRP. Stick to FDA approved finasteride and minoxidil or off label oral minoxidil by a dermatologist. You only get one chance. Do lots of research on patient results as @Al - formerly BeHappy says. I would be focused on results first, price second (if at all) and not geography. All the best.

21 hours ago, hairchr said:

Hi everyone, 

Thank you!

There are many patient reviews on crown work on here that you could search for in the Advanced search option. If budget is a factor, which for most is the deciding factor, then i would recommend reaching out to Dr. Gur at Fuecapilar who is a good budget option. There are many cases presented on this forum of his crown work and he seems to get good growth and mileage from the number of grafts. I think the crown requires a level of artistry to get right and would not recommend cinik.