Hi, I'm going to get a hair transplant. Is my donor area normal?

It looks as you have DUPA. Your donor area is thinned out. You should see a dermatologist and maybe get on medication. In your shoes i wpould postpone any plans having a ht now.

Hereโ€™s the thingโ€ฆyou need a comprehensive microscopic examination of your entire scalp, especially your donorโ€ฆthen and only then can any determination be made regarding the suitability or candidacy of a procedure.

• Like 3

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians:ย Dr. Robert Dorin:ย The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Be good to see the side profiles also but from the photos you have thinning in the nape and probably low density and a lot of 2s in the donor and thinning in the crown. So,ย  loss can progress to be advanced and donor does seem very limited so yes go and see competent doctors who can measure it all and then go from there.ย 

• Like 1

The donor does not look very good. Do you have diffuse thinning across your scalp? Is the front/mid scalp in similar state?ย 
Before you go for HT, you need to go see a dermatologist (especially one who has good knowledge/experience in dealing with patients with hairloss issues).ย 

12.5k grafts with Dr. Felipe Pitella in Jan 2024.

Link to my journey:

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/71724-12501-grafts-dr-felipe-pittella-jan-2024/

ย 

• 1 month later...

As long as the dermatologist is experienced in performing microscopic examinations.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians:ย Dr. Robert Dorin:ย The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY