My new hair regrowth plan. PLEASE come here and tell me what you think. (some questions, need answers.)

jspence09

First thing:

I'm pretty young, I'll turn 19 in May.

My hair starting thinning around my junior year, and now being a freshmen in college, it is BEYOND AWFUL.

These pictures were taken last semester: http://tinypic.com/a/1cdwo/1

Alright. I've decided that I'm fixing to go order the '4 Can Rogaine Foam' Package on AMAZON.COM, it'll cost me about $70 but thats way cheaper than Walmart!

Anyhow, I want to combine it with Propecia, Proscar or that Fin word, Finastride? Anyways.

I DO NOT have the money to go see a dermatologist right now, things are a little crazy money-wise at the house, and I'm saving up for a billion summer trips...

I've read that you can buy the drugs online. I'm just confused a little bit.

Proscar or Propecia, which one would I have to cut in fourths? Which one is cheaper? They are basically the same right? ANYTHING you could tell me about this would be amazing.

I also plan to shave my ENTIRE head, and then start applying the foam. As soon as I can get my hands on those pills I will be taking them as well.

Do you guys think thats a good idea?

I will be taking pictures every month. (I know I won't see results every month, I just want to be able to compare!)

So what do you guys think?

Reply asap!! icon_smile.gif

Thanks so much!

Jordan.

--jspence :D

finasteride is a drug sold under two different brand names, Proscar (for prostate cancer) and Propecia (for hair loss). The Proscar tablets are larger and they are the ones you have to cut.

The cheapest option is ordering generic finasteride in 1 mg tablets from India. You can do this over the internet. You take one pill per day.

I have been doing this for almost a year now.

I get my rogaine foam at SAM'S Club and it's a 4 bottle package rather than 3 bottle package like CVS has. It's the exact same price too.

What that price is... I don't remember... because I bought two packages at once last time, so it's been awhile since I've needed it. I think it was only $45 or $49.

If you're like me, you're going to lose a massive amount of hair when you start using rogaine until it starts growing back. I would likely not be classified as someone rogaine works particularly well for though... I think I'm part of the percentage it doesn't do much for.

I would recommend taking propecia a few months before starting rogaine. See if the propecia helps you enough that you don't need rogaine. Rogaine is annoying to use and apply, while propecia is as simple as swallowing a tiny pill.

Propecia is expensive, I just paid $230 for my 90 day supply earlier this week at the local grocery store pharmacy.

I've never taken proscar, so I don't know how the price compares.

jspence09,

I am not sure if I can post the link here, but I get my generic Finasteride from United Pharmacies. Google for it. Take a little time to deliver but the service is discreet and convenient, without the need for as 'scrip. Get Proscar if you are afraid of getting the "Made in India" stuff, I personally get the ones made in India because I trust the quality.

I get Rogaine foam from Amazon for like 40 bucks for a 3 month supply.

Like Ferrari-or-hair, I cannot say either drugs worked for me but I still use them just out of fear that I might lose more if I stop using them.

Hey, on a side note, I just saw your pics. While I am not sure if shaving down completely and applying Rogaine will help you in any way (I doubt if it would), I was curious to know if you considered using concealers for you crown.

drugstore.com also works for rogain. Its about 50 per 3-pack. Once in a while you'll get a promotion for a few bucks off. No tax and typically no shipping charges either.

I hear watching what you eat will work, a little extra zinc or green tea in the diet might help.

I take propecia from oversees as well. I havent had any problems with the shipping or quality. I'm going to make the switch when i run out to generic since its way cheaper so hope that goes well. If you need a prescription I found a place that gives them online for $49 but I havent tried them yet so I cant vouch for them.

I get my stuff from Solutions4hairloss.com. Rogaine foam is $42 for a 3 mo supply. They have cheaper generic brands and minoxidil 10 & 15% as well.

Good luck on the new regimen.

Hey jordan,

I havent logged on in a while, the best advice I'll give you is accept it for what it is. Te only way your gonna get your hair back, is by plugs (which nothing is guaranteed, to last) HT's can also be perseeved as maintenence as well. Which is expensive$$$$ ! Hair loss products such as rogain foam/minoxidil/or propecia are just maintenance drugs. Once minituization starts, there's no reversing it. Sorry for any bad news I brought to you. Butt MPB is just one of those shitty things in life/ such as fibermialgia (spelling?)etc etc.

It seems you are only loosing from your crown, if! Propecia works, it would only slow it down after lots! and lots! of money$$$$$$. Save up for a HT is my advice to you. Or not, I'm just giving you my two cents.

I've been taking propecia for a year and seen no regrowth of the past sheds. But I am an expert in the Propecia category, and much of other things pertaining to my reply.

best to you/ and god bless