Hair transplant in Delhi, India

Hello, I will be visiting Delhi next week for a hair transplant with Dr. Arihant Surana of Monaris Clinic. Before I make the deposit for the procedure, I wanted to see if anyone has had experience with him. Or, if there are other doctors that one would suggest instead. I want to make sure that I get the procedure done with the best doctor. 

Thanks in advance. 

13 minutes ago, Rajeev Kumar said:

Hello, I will be visiting Delhi next week for a hair transplant with Dr. Arihant Surana of Monaris Clinic. Before I make the deposit for the procedure, I wanted to see if anyone has had experience with him. Or, if there are other doctors that one would suggest instead. I want to make sure that I get the procedure done with the best doctor. 

Thanks in advance. 

Never heard of him. If you’re planning for your surgery in Delhi, eugenix can be one of the options. Have consultation with multiple surgeons, do your research properly and select a surgeon wisely. Best wishes 👍

Thankyou for your prompt reply Shadman. It seems he has performed the procedure on a number of top cricketers but you never know how true some of the claims are. Yes, I have reached out to Eugenix. I have spoken to Medlinks in the past. Tejinder Bhatti name from DarlingBuds also came up in my search, although his being in Chandigarh would mean having to travel from Delhi. 

6 minutes ago, Rajeev Kumar said:

Thankyou for your prompt reply Shadman. It seems he has performed the procedure on a number of top cricketers but you never know how true some of the claims are. Yes, I have reached out to Eugenix. I have spoken to Medlinks in the past. Tejinder Bhatti name from DarlingBuds also came up in my search, although his being in Chandigarh would mean having to travel from Delhi. 

Hi, fyi I had two procedures so far in India. First one went absolutely wrong in all aspects. It was performed by Dr.bhatti. There was a time when he was recommended here, but his work quality has dropped significantly. So, it would be better for you if you avoid him. You can read my post where I shared all the details.

Thanks again @Shadman. Very helpful. I actually got a hair transplant done 1+1/2 years ago with Dr. Suneet Soni of Medispa. It was an FUT procedure as I felt that it would allow for more grafts. While I am not unhappy with the results, I feel there are a few things that fell short of my expectations. It did not get me the density or coverage in the crown area as the doctor has led me to believe. I like you also felt that the gap between where the hairline starts and the bridge of the nose was a little less. No laser was used and since I was under anaesthesia, I slept through the procedure. Hopefully, after the 2nd procedure, I will have the hair that I can really be completely happy about. 

Most hair transplant clinics in India are scams. They say they will transplant 4000-5000 grafts, and just transplant 1500-2000, but they extract more. Then you are running after repairs. This happened with me. 

I would suggest @Eugenix Hair Science they knock the ball out of the park in case of virgin donors.

I would also suggest going on finastride a year before surgery.

So, I heard back from Eugenix and they have these various packages - comprehensive, exclusive, premium, super premium - depending on the doctor you choose. Is it worth spending more to take a more expensive package? Which package would one suggest? The feedback from @Shadman and others has been really helpful for me in making a decision. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA. 

54 minutes ago, Rajeev Kumar said:

So, I heard back from Eugenix and they have these various packages - comprehensive, exclusive, premium, super premium - depending on the doctor you choose. Is it worth spending more to take a more expensive package? Which package would one suggest? The feedback from @Shadman and others has been really helpful for me in making a decision. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA. 

This is a difficult question to answer. Technically yes, it is worth spend more to take a more expensive package, because their package is designed based on number of surgeries performed. In my case, I was able to afford exclusive package which is with Dr. Somesh. If I wanted to go for Dr. Priya I needed to postpone my surgery for a year so that I could afford. But I didn't want to postpone. Moreover, when I had video consultation with Dr. Somesh my initial planning matched with his planning. 

So, I just spoke to Rishabh from Eugenix. When I asked about the packages, he would not recommend one over the other, other than what you said @Shadman about the experience with procedures. When I pushed, he said that a procedure is something that you would get done only once (especially in my case as I had gotten it done a year and a half ago and as I mentioned while not disappointed, I felt that it did a little bit left to be desired in terms of hairline and the density in the crown area that I thought was promised). So, he suggested that if you really want to have no regrets, then go with Arika. I think I might do that. While who knows if it would result in a better result for paying such a high premium, at least I would know that I got the best doctor for something that I would look at everyday in the mirror. 

58 minutes ago, Rajeev Kumar said:

So, I just spoke to Rishabh from Eugenix. When I asked about the packages, he would not recommend one over the other, other than what you said @Shadman about the experience with procedures. When I pushed, he said that a procedure is something that you would get done only once (especially in my case as I had gotten it done a year and a half ago and as I mentioned while not disappointed, I felt that it did a little bit left to be desired in terms of hairline and the density in the crown area that I thought was promised). So, he suggested that if you really want to have no regrets, then go with Arika. I think I might do that. While who knows if it would result in a better result for paying such a high premium, at least I would know that I got the best doctor for something that I would look at everyday in the mirror. 

Yes, definitely. Dr. Arika would be an excellent choice. Best wishes 👍

• Valued Contributor

@Rajeev Kumar I personally wouldn't recommend Dr Bhatti. I've met him and he seems a lovely guy. However I have also met several of his ex patients and the work is in need of repair. Look at Eugenix or other doctors. Travel overseas if you have to if it means finding the right doctor for yourself. All the best!

Thank you @Gatsby. As I am considering Dr. Arika Bansal at Eugenix, one issue that I am trying to get comfortable with is the high cost. Her charges are comparable to some of the clinics at USA where I am located. Does it make sense to get the procedure done with her when I could get it done here in the USA. Travel to India is not an issue as I have family there.