Finasteride/Pregnancy duration

Yabala

Hi guys.. ls it true that men who want to conceive have to stop finasteride/dutasteride for the duration of the pregnancy ? And even if they do stop treatments for the duration of the pregnancy is it true that they won't lose benefits/ground ?

• Like 1

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, Yabala said:

Hi guys.. ls it true that men who want to conceive have to stop finasteride/dutasteride for the duration of the pregnancy ? And even if they do stop treatments for the duration of the pregnancy is it true that they won't lose benefits/ground ?

You should stop mainly because it could cause birth defects if your partner comes in contact with it. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

13 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

You should stop mainly because it could cause birth defects if your partner comes in contact with it. 

Will l lose ground during the duration of the pregnancy ?

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, Yabala said:

Will l lose ground during the duration of the pregnancy ?

It’s possible, but I don’t think it will be a big deal. If you have a baby girl you can resume fin after you find out the sex.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

26 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

It’s possible, but I don’t think it will be a big deal. If you have a baby girl you can resume fin after you find out the sex.

If it is a boy l'll have to stop during all the duration of the pregnancy right ?

2 hours ago, Yabala said:

If it is a boy l'll have to stop during all the duration of the pregnancy right ?

If you are taking oral finasteride (pills), there is no need to stop. Your partner just needs to avoid getting her hands on crushed pills, that's all. You can continue with intimacy, the amount of finasteride in your semen is completely negligible.

You can read more here (this is just one of many scientific articles on this topic): https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2018472/pdf/11785276.pdf

If you take topical finasteride/Dutasteride you should stop, because it could theoretically transfer to her skin and then to the baby (boy) through her bloodstream.

• Like 1

2500 FUE by Dr. Victor Hasson, June 2023

3 minutes ago, Chrisno said:

If you are taking oral finasteride (pills), there is no need to stop. Your partner just needs to avoid getting her hands on crushed pills, that's all. You can continue with intimacy, the amount of finasteride in your semen is completely negligible.

You can read more here (this is just one of many scientific articles on this topic): https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2018472/pdf/11785276.pdf

If you take topical finasteride/Dutasteride you should stop, because it could theoretically transfer to her skin and then to the baby (boy) through her bloodstream.

I should stop before conception ? or should l stop when the pregnancy is confirmed and during all the duration of the pregnancy ?

If you take oral Finasteride: you do not need to stop at all. The only thing you need to keep in mind is that your wife/girlfriend should not get into contact with the medication (crushed tablets).

If you take topical/liquid Finasteride: you should probably stop when trying to conceive, and discontinue the use until the baby is born (if it is boy). I would talk to a doctor about it (if you take topical finasteride), since I haven't found articles saying when you should stop.

2500 FUE by Dr. Victor Hasson, June 2023

1 minute ago, Chrisno said:

If you take oral Finasteride: you do not need to stop at all. The only thing you need to keep in mind is that your wife/girlfriend should not get into contact with the medication (crushed tablets).

If you take topical/liquid Finasteride: you should probably stop when trying to conceive, and discontinue the use until the baby is born (if it is boy). I would talk to a doctor about it (if you take topical finasteride), since I haven't found articles saying when you should stop.

Thanks again man