Finasteride 0.5mg 4 times a week.

I am taking finasteride 4 times a week 0.5mg. I have been taking since end of janayry. I am getting erectile dysfunction. I am going to reduce it to to 3 times a week. Any recommendations as to what I should do?

Edited by ZahidHussain1992
Adding something

more than likely, u will still experience sides despite manipulating the dosages.

id say more than likely you are sensitive to anti-androgens. you will have to try different anti-androgens to see if you can use them without sexual side effects.

i would get off the fin for a month, wash it out your system, return to normal and then try flurodil, or pantosin, and see if you can use them without sexual sides. 

i would not jump into topical dut yet

• Administrators

There’s a threshold, reducing the frequency can help. Play with the frequency. You might want to consider 0.5mg dutasteride 3x a week. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.