Did the barber run my HT at 2 months post-op?

Hi everyone,

So there seems to be a consensus that you canโ€™t cut your recipient for several months after the HT. My doc doesnโ€™t give any advice on this matter (awaiting response).ย 
ย 

I visited the barber today for the first time since my HT at 2 months post op, just to get the sides and back buzzed. This is what he did, but when doing the sides, to fade it in, he went really high up my scalp and touched the edges of the recipient. Could this have impacted the transplanted grafts inside?! Iโ€™m freaking out!ย 
ย 

ย 

12 minutes ago, secondtryuser said:

Hi everyone,

So there seems to be a consensus that you canโ€™t cut your recipient for several months after the HT. My doc doesnโ€™t give any advice on this matter (awaiting response).ย 
ย 

I visited the barber today for the first time since my HT at 2 months post op, just to get the sides and back buzzed. This is what he did, but when doing the sides, to fade it in, he went really high up my scalp and touched the edges of the recipient. Could this have impacted the transplanted grafts inside?! Iโ€™m freaking out!ย 
ย 

ย 

No issues at month 2. Roots are well secured insideย 

• Valued Contributor
1 minute ago, Shadman said:

No issues at month 2. Roots are well secured insideย 

๐Ÿ‘†

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

-->ย My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Thanks @A_4_Archan! Just feeling kinda nervous when Iโ€™m reading that it shouldnโ€™t be buzzed for 6 months. Like, 6 monthsโ€ฆ.what could be the rationale for that considering that theyโ€™re apparently anchored, safe, and needing of surgery to remove them after 2 weeks?!ย 

Stop worrying unnecessarily, your grafts are perfectly secured after two weeks.

Different clinics have different opinion regarding buzzing your hair, some clinics advise to wait for 6 months while some are ok even after two weeks.

Factually your Grafts are anchored and are safe after two weeks so a buzz cut won't damage your grafts.

ย 

• Valued Contributor
27 minutes ago, Rawkerboi said:

Stop worrying unnecessarily, your grafts are perfectly secured after two weeks.

Different clinics have different opinion regarding buzzing your hair, some clinics advise to wait for 6 months while some are ok even after two weeks.

Factually your Grafts are anchored and are safe after two weeks so a buzz cut won't damage your grafts.

ย 

๐Ÿ‘†

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

-->ย My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

15 hours ago, secondtryuser said:

Hey @A_4_Archanย & @Shadmanย thanks for your replies.ย 
ย 

Thatโ€™s what Iโ€™d figured - so why canโ€™t we have our recipient cut/buzzed too? To even things out before the new growth comes through.ย 

I was told I could have a scissors cut of the recipient area after a month. From my understanding, the restriction of buzzing is less due to the grafts being anchored (they are fully anchored after 14 days). It is more to avoid the risk of damaging the scalp, which is still recovering from the procedure. The Clippers can irritate or even nick the scalp and let an infection in.

ย