DR ARIKA BANSAL VIDEO CONSULT TOMORROW

• Valued Contributor

Why do you want an aggressive hairline? In one of your previous threads you said you're a NW5 or so... Going aggressive is risky due to the possibility of future hair loss and in virtually all cases it's totally unnecessary - an appropriately placed hairline will frame the face and give a great aesthetic outcome. It doesn't have to be needlessly aggressive.

You'd almost certainly be better off going for a dense, conservative approach rather than chasing density AND being aggressive with a low hairline.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

Why do you want an aggressive hairline? In one of your previous threads you said you're a NW5 or so... Going aggressive is risky due to the possibility of future hair loss and in virtually all cases it's totally unnecessary - an appropriately placed hairline will frame the face and give a great aesthetic outcome. It doesn't have to be needlessly aggressive.

You'd almost certainly be better off going for a dense, conservative approach rather than chasing density AND being aggressive with a low hairline.

I have a noorwood 4 pattern maybe Norwood 5 but I still have a lot of hair normal people can't see much balding the doctor gave me a pretty aggressive hairline

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, Phillyman1996 said:

I have a noorwood 4 pattern maybe Norwood 5 but I still have a lot of hair normal people can't see much balding the doctor gave me a pretty aggressive hairline

I know, and your hairline looks too low, as you've been told before.

On 2/15/2024 at 11:40 PM, Berba11 said:

@Berba11 well I mean like an aggressive very dense hairline 50cm2 hairline , not lowered a stupid amount,  but I'd say almost 3cms.... i have a big forehead.... pretty much a five head so it needs lowered n veryyyy dense , my intentions are buzz cut , she is still very confident n happy to go ahead even tho it is a big ask considering I will be doing buzzcut always,  this means there is no room for error really .... you know?

• Valued Contributor
10 minutes ago, dba said:

@Berba11 well I mean like an aggressive very dense hairline 50cm2 hairline , not lowered a stupid amount,  but I'd say almost 3cms.... i have a big forehead.... pretty much a five head so it needs lowered n veryyyy dense , my intentions are buzz cut , she is still very confident n happy to go ahead even tho it is a big ask considering I will be doing buzzcut always,  this means there is no room for error really .... you know?

Almost 3cm is over one inch. That's almost always a bad idea.

Literally every bloke thinks they have "a big forehead". In reality you probably don't, and what matters is proportionality of the forehead & facial features (distance between glabella & mid-frontal point vs distance between the tip of the nose and the chin). Lowering your hairline so much can throw that proportionality out of the window. I'm speaking from experience on that!

If you want to rock a buzzcut post-op, you'd be better off going dense and conservative, and then looking to increase density with a second sitting further down the line. That way you'll use the same or fewer grafts than you would by going lower, but be able to achieve a more dense frontal third overall which will better enable you to pull off a shorter hair cut.

• Valued Contributor
11 minutes ago, dba said:

@Berba11 I'm.sure I'm more then a nw5

Given your level of hair loss, lowering your hairline by 3cm would be reckless and inappropriate, in my opinion.

Have you had SMP previously as well or something? What's with the blue line along the front?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Berba11 said:

Given your level of hair loss, lowering your hairline by 3cm would be reckless and inappropriate, in my opinion.

Have you had SMP previously as well or something? What's with the blue line along the front?

Yeah bro I have 

Screenshot_20240217_003404_WhatsApp.jpg

5 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

What is the height from the midpoint of your SMP hairline to your glabella (the point between your nose)? Can you post a front on picture to give us all a better idea?

@Gatsby  @Berba11

Screenshot_20240217_004248_Gallery.jpg

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
33 minutes ago, dba said:

Resized_20230621_123223(1).jpeg

IMG_6979.jpg

I’m imagining that your hair loss is Norwood 6? Your other pics vary a little without the SMP or perhaps you’ve shaved your scalp. Your hairline really needs to be conservative according to your donor supply. The same holds true with your hairline design. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

I’m imagining that your hair loss is Norwood 6? Your other pics vary a little without the SMP or perhaps you’ve shaved your scalp. Your hairline really needs to be conservative according to your donor supply. The same holds true with your hairline design. 

Yes I shaved it all off...  Dr bansal upon assessing said i have a good donor , can get 6k grafts out

Also I'm just concentrating on hairline n mid, because I razor my hair all the way to my crown

• Valued Contributor
38 minutes ago, dba said:

Ok, that helps.

If that's SMP it's a rather unusual design. For a HT, you could bring that down a little bit by maybe creating a widows peak - it'll make the mid-frontal point lower but without blasting through loads of grafts by bringing everything down - sort of like the designs Dr Pittella does (search through the forum to find some cases for reference).

I'm a bit confused by what you're trying to achieve though. If you want to rock a buzzcut and use a HT to give more of a 3D effect to your SMP, then you'll need to cover the whole scalp as you're roughly a NW6. But at the same time you're talking about dense packing the hairline and lowering it quite aggressively. These two things are in contradiction with each other.

I thin you need to be a little clear about exactly what it is you want to achieve here. For starts, your SMP look really high up and very asymmetrical. I'm not sure how much use it will be for you in enhancing your hairline if you have surgery. In which case, aren't you going to get more bang for you buck by getting a HT with the normal desire to grow your hair out longer? And if you are going for the SMP/HT combo 3D effect, I'd have thought you'd also want to get some better SMP than what you've had done currently.

Either way, you're always better off starting more conservative with the hairline placement. Hairlines can easily be made lower later on if you have the donor supply. Going back up because you started too low is much harder and at least double the cost!

8 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

Ok, that helps.

If that's SMP it's a rather unusual design. For a HT, you could bring that down a little bit by maybe creating a widows peak - it'll make the mid-frontal point lower but without blasting through loads of grafts by bringing everything down - sort of like the designs Dr Pittella does (search through the forum to find some cases for reference).

I'm a bit confused by what you're trying to achieve though. If you want to rock a buzzcut and use a HT to give more of a 3D effect to your SMP, then you'll need to cover the whole scalp as you're roughly a NW6. But at the same time you're talking about dense packing the hairline and lowering it quite aggressively. These two things are in contradiction with each other.

I thin you need to be a little clear about exactly what it is you want to achieve here. For starts, your SMP look really high up and very asymmetrical. I'm not sure how much use it will be for you in enhancing your hairline if you have surgery. In which case, aren't you going to get more bang for you buck by getting a HT with the normal desire to grow your hair out longer? And if you are going for the SMP/HT combo 3D effect, I'd have thought you'd also want to get some better SMP than what you've had done currently.

Either way, you're always better off starting more conservative with the hairline placement. Hairlines can easily be made lower later on if you have the donor supply. Going back up because you started too low is much harder and at least double the cost!

Edited by Phillyman1996

• Valued Contributor
9 minutes ago, Phillyman1996 said:

Would you say I have a noorwood 4 pattern of loss?

IMG_20240216_080052.jpg

Honestly... You've spammed my inbox with this question on at least two occasions, and posted this question/similar on the board multiple times and now you're hijacking someone else's thread to once again ask the same thing. I'm not answering for the 500th time I'm afraid, mate.

Defer to all previous answers or speak to your surgeon.

8 hours ago, Berba11 said:

Ok, that helps.

@Berba11 wow bro that is all so true thank you I really appreciate your opinion,  this is true its not the best smp i got it done at a dodgy place about 7years ago... ill have a look at pittella type hairlines thank you...

But yeah I don't want to grow it out , what I mean by I don't need the crown done is that I razor the back all the way to the crown so it all looks bald at rhe back n the barber makes a very high fade from the sides .... its almost like I dont need the crown with hair anyway If I'm explaining properly?

Just now, dba said:

@Berba11 wow bro that is all so true thank you I really appreciate your opinion,  this is true its not the best smp i got it done at a dodgy place about 7years ago... ill have a look at pittella type hairlines thank you...

But yeah I don't want to grow it out , what I mean by I don't need the crown done is that I razor the back all the way to the crown so it all looks bald at rhe back n the barber makes a very high fade from the sides .... its almost like I dont need the crown with hair anyway If I'm explaining properly?

@Phillyman1996

9 hours ago, Berba11 said:

Ok, that helps.

@Berba11 how much would you be happy to lower it down?

• Valued Contributor
13 hours ago, dba said:

Yes I shaved it all off...  Dr bansal upon assessing said i have a good donor , can get 6k grafts out

Also I'm just concentrating on hairline n mid, because I razor my hair all the way to my crown

So regarding the scars in the donor after surgery, will you eventually be thinking of having SMP to cover them? 

2 hours ago, dba said:

No I won't.... @Gatsby

Lol but I see what your concern is going to be mate , because I will razor the back of my head ... but stuff it don't care if anybody is critizing behind my back lol

• Well Done 1