Excessive bleeding during hair transformation

Yesterday my hair transplant session 1 was planned for frontal region .NW grade 6 baldness and weak donor area ,Age 28. After anesthesia when a surgeon started extracted 4-5 grafts my donor area started bleeding excessively(as per them)  and the surgeon stopped the surgery and said they can't proceed right now as it may lead to poor extraction and chances of high blood loss. My surgery was stopped and he recommended me to take Follihair and Trexenamic acid tablet and vitamin K injection one day before surgery after 15 days for resurgery.But I am worried is it normal behaviour to stop surgery if bleeding is high ,as I am hard core gym person and do intense cardio but paused one week before surgery.I am worried Now as  my 5-6  grafts are wasted and will those medicines work.I have a bit scars on my donor area left. 

IMG_20240212_092852.jpg

14 hours ago, ashu said:

Yesterday my hair transplant session 1 was planned for frontal region .NW grade 6 baldness and weak donor area ,Age 28. After anesthesia when a surgeon started extracted 4-5 grafts my donor area started bleeding excessively(as per them)  and the surgeon stopped the surgery and said they can't proceed right now as it may lead to poor extraction and chances of high blood loss. My surgery was stopped and he recommended me to take Follihair and Trexenamic acid tablet and vitamin K injection one day before surgery after 15 days for resurgery.But I am worried is it normal behaviour to stop surgery if bleeding is high ,as I am hard core gym person and do intense cardio but paused one week before surgery.I am worried Now as  my 5-6  grafts are wasted and will those medicines work.I have a bit scars on my donor area left. 

IMG_20240212_092852.jpg

In my case also, there was kind of excessive bleeding. Dr stopped the procedure and gave me medications. And after few minutes, procedure was resumed. Donor scarring will go away. I think you start taking these medicines and in contact with the surgeon.

Rare but ideally you should come off topical minox, any meds or vitamins that can thin blood, alcohol etc. Obviously epinephrine and other anaesthetic can limit blood but if they felt it was too excessive then right option as it makes surgery harder and also would be the same for recipient site cutting and can cause visibility issues and graft popping etc so probably a good call. I would say just make sure you prep well and come off anything that can exacerbate bleeding, usually a clinic will send a pre-op form to be followed etc. Hope you are not too down as it must not have been easy for you but 5 to 6 grafts is meaningless in the scale of things. 

• Moderators

Are you on any blood thinners? Do you drink alcohol? I think even caffeine in coffee can have an effect. You should stop as many things as you can that can thin your blood about a week before surgery, but obviously certain medications you need to continue taking. I'd discuss this with the Dr.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.