Dr. Bloxham, Temple Points, FUE

44 minutes ago, shiba1985 said:

My only criticism would be, those are some huge punches to extract follicles for temple points. Most can do it with a 0.85 or 0.9 . Those look almost like a 1.0 punch

Got it. Any other negative consequences of that besides potentially slight bigger scars if I shave down too low?   

Typically I buzz down to a 3 over the FUT scar and taper down to a two or 1.5 below.  Will see how that looks now in a couple weeks after hair.  With only 800 FUE I would presume imperceptible.  

2 minutes ago, LeonBlack said:

Got it. Any other negative consequences of that besides potentially slight bigger scars if I shave down too low?   

Typically I buzz down to a 3 over the FUT scar and taper down to a two or 1.5 below.  Will see how that looks now in a couple weeks after hair.  With only 800 FUE I would presume imperceptible.  

For such a small surgery . No big consequences. If it was a bigger surgery - 1000 -2000 FUE grafts, the scarring that results from large punch holes also effects the neighboring follicles "health." I suspect this is due to the scarring effecting the blood supply so it is not ideal. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I’ve gotten several messages about scar pictures.  Here are some from the side and last one is the back.  It’s harder to find now that it is getting lighter.  Also picture of the donor on same day, 9 weeks after 2nd FUT and 6 weeks after FUE. Need a haircut… but I don’t think there’s any evidence of surgery except the small remaining shock loss in the middle of the back. Doctor placed a few deep absorbable sutures, in addition to usual staples. The areas with sutures had some localized shock loss below them.  I’ll post some more pictures soon after a haircut with a 3 guard over scar and fade shorter below it. I presume I’m out of the Wds regarding risk of significant scar stretching at this point.   Overall, I think my donor looks pretty good for having 7400 grafts removed. 

Also, as trivial as it may seem, I am seeing more early growth start in the crown. Lots of dark little hairs in between the longer residual wispy miniaturized native hair. I think the small red splotchy areas are evidence of “activity“ and more hair is ready to sprout. I find this whole process so interesting to watch develop!

IMG_1971.jpeg

IMG_1972.jpeg

IMG_1970.jpeg

IMG_1996.jpeg

IMG_1945.jpeg

IMG_1936.jpeg

Edited by LeonBlack

Posted (edited)

Pictures 2.5 months out from FUT crown, 2 months FUE temples, 14 months frontal half FUT, after a haircut with 3 guard over the scar, tapered to 1.5 below. 100% hair on top of my head is transplant at this point, residual miniaturized midscalp is gone.  Added baseline, 1 year post first FUT, post op temple to consolidate this long thread 

I included some current (2.5 month post op) scar pictures, showing both the remaining shock loss around it, trichophytic effect with hairs going through, widest area in the back at 3 mm, hard to find on the side, about 1 mm.  Can still see some layering of hair effect over the scar at this point, with the shock loss.  That disappeared after my first procedure about four months out. Now just waiting on the growth over the next few months… 

IMG_2342.jpeg

IMG_2346.jpeg

IMG_2345.jpeg

IMG_2348.jpeg

IMG_2344.jpeg

IMG_2361.jpeg

IMG_2362.jpeg

IMG_2364.jpeg

IMG_2363.jpeg

IMG_2365.jpeg

Edited by LeonBlack
Added more pics to consolidate thread

Very impressive transformation in the front half. I would assume the back half and temples turn out similarly given it’s the same patient and same doctor.

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing terribly exciting, but will start monthly updates to document. Some early growth on temples at 2 months. More sprouting on crown at 3 months. 14 months after front half. Pre op for baseline. 

IMG_3276.jpeg

IMG_3277.jpeg

IMG_3253.jpeg

IMG_3254.jpeg

IMG_3251.jpeg

IMG_3245.jpeg

IMG_3243.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...