Dr. Bloxham, Temple Points, FUE

Long-time lurker. I have been hesitant to post pictures of my prior hair transplants due to being a relatively public figure.  I have had two prior large FUT procedures with Dr. Bloxham.  Over 7000 grafts total, providing full coverage, as I was Norwood 6. I was very pleased with the results on those and the overall care and experience with Dr. Bloxham and his team. 

I recently went for the icing on the cake….temple points.   This was done with FUE, 350-400 grafts per side. I haven’t seen much FUE or temple points of his on this site, so I thought it would be interesting for others to see. I have cropped the pictures way down to protect anonymity. Attached are direct preop and postop pictures and the donor site one week postop. I will post more as things progress. 

IMG_1048.jpeg

IMG_1059.jpeg

IMG_1049.jpeg

IMG_1052.jpeg

IMG_1051.jpeg

IMG_1055.jpeg

IMG_1058.jpeg

IMG_1053.jpeg

Edited by LeonBlack
  • Like 1

• LeonBlack changed the title to Dr. Bloxham, Temple Points, FUE
17 minutes ago, jjalay said:

Can you share some more pictures and details about your previous op with bloxham?was it fut?

Please see the first paragraph I wrote above. What other details would you like to know? I’m happy to elaborate further. 

13 minutes ago, LeonBlack said:

Please see the first paragraph I wrote above. What other details would you like to know? I’m happy to elaborate further. 

Sorry, just read it. How is the scar looking? It would be great if you could post some pictures showing your hairline and your hair after 7000 grafts in general too.

8 hours ago, jjalay said:

Sorry, just read it. How is the scar looking? It would be great if you could post some pictures showing your hairline and your hair after 7000 grafts in general too.

Overall the scar looks good. I haven’t put a measuring tape up to it, but I’d say mostly 1-2mm. One small area where it’s slightly more, I’d say 3mm max.  Still all hidden well with a 3 guard, which I generally fade to a 1.5 below. For the reasons I put above, I only posted the cropped temple pictures as the focus of this post. 

Edited by LeonBlack

• Moderators

Thanks for posting. I think a lot of us like looking at temple point work because it's hard to get right and we all kind of want to add a bit there. Please update us on the end result later.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

4 minutes ago, BeHappy said:

Thanks for posting. I think a lot of us like looking at temple point work because it's hard to get right and we all kind of want to add a bit there. Please update us on the end result later.

You’re welcome. Thought others would find this interesting. Will do.

5 hours ago, Silent123 said:

Hey man, nice case. Temple peak restoration is always difficult to get right but the work looks good! 

Thanks! I am very excited to watch this take shape over the next year. I had only seen examples of a few temple point cases from Dr. Bloxham before, but I trust him completely based upon my prior two larger surgeries. 

Donor and temple at 3 weeks with most native temple hair grown back, full shed, redness improved.  Done with hats!

wasn't a huge difference in recovery vs fut. biggest thing was no discomfort of leaning on pillow/couch on back of head after a week with staples and shock loss in donor passable without hat at around 3 weeks vs 6 on prior FUT  

IMG_1228.jpeg

IMG_1221.jpeg

Edited by LeonBlack

I had a change of heart after lots of private messages, asking me more about my initial procedures.  So…. f it….here you go. First was FUT on the frontal half around 3800 grafts over a year ago.  More recently was 2800 FUT on the back half, followed by the temple points FUE above, three weeks after the second FUT. older donor picture is about six months after first FUT. I don’t have any other scar pictures from first procedure… Will take more from the second. Overall it was 1-3mm all around.  The last pictures of donor in this post are six weeks after second FUT, three weeks FUE. Last crown picture is seven weeks out, already seeing some early growth, which is very pleasantly surprising to be seeing starting so soon! Will update as things progress. 

IMG_1511.jpeg

IMG_1512.jpeg

IMG_1513.jpeg

IMG_1514.jpeg

IMG_1516.jpeg

IMG_1519.jpeg

IMG_1523.jpeg

IMG_1524.jpeg

IMG_1525.jpeg

Edited by LeonBlack

Wow this is a massive case! How much donor hair do you have left if you haven’t used your FUE option yet? Your hair characteristics look really good. Keep the update’s rolling over the months ahead 👍

6 hours ago, HairFunk said:

Wow this is a massive case! How much donor hair do you have left if you haven’t used your FUE option yet? Your hair characteristics look really good. Keep the update’s rolling over the months ahead 👍

Yep. I was pretty bald… lots of real estate to cover. That initial small remaining area of miniaturized native hair in my midscalp is gone. So basically slick bald Norwood 6. 

Take a look at my first post- a small FUE was used for my temples.  I didn’t ask how many grafts I still have left in scalp donor, but lots of untouched area if I wanted in future. 

Edited by LeonBlack

Lots of little hairs sprouting and pimples developing just 2 months postop….. much more activity this early on than I expected, especially for a crown (expected 4 months minimum to see anything happening on crown). Hopefully this pace continues!

IMG_1603.jpeg

Topical minoxidil over 10 years.  Finasteride orally caused too much side effects, never tried it topically. Therefore, at this point, on nothing.  That last residual midscalp miniaturized hair is gone.  No one at Norwood seven in the family so hopefully at this point my lateral humps and crown won’t dip more. Worst case, I still have lots of good unused donor. 

Seeing how everything has grown in re the hairline…. very glad I did the temple points.  Excited to see them grow in over next few months. 

Here’s a shot of 2 months post FUT on crown, 14 months hairline, 6 weeks temple points (all shed, native/receded here). Can see the faint outline of residual redness. To me, the donor looks untouched despite the 7,400 grafts. if my lateral humps or crown dipped further in the future, I should have plenty available via FUE

IMG_1818.jpeg

My only criticism would be, those are some huge punches to extract follicles for temple points. Most can do it with a 0.85 or 0.9 . Those look almost like a 1.0 punch