What is enough grafts cm² to provide enough density for buzz cut look?

What is enough grafts cm² on a hairline? to provide enough density for buzz cut look?

35 cm²?

40 cm² ?

45 cm²?

50 cm² or need to have more ?

You'll need almost the same density as the hair behind your new hairline. If not, you'll end up with a hairline in front of the hairline. Not a good look.

2500 FUE by Dr. Victor Hasson, June 2023

This is something that depends on the quality and thickness of the hair and it is individual for every patient. If you have thin hair you need more grafts, if you have thick hair you nedd less.

I would say the luxurious buzz cut with good density needs more than 1 surgery to get to that level and to be safe from grafts failure because of the blood distribution.

Are you Norwood 2 or close to that and have your hair loss stopped? I don’t see that be possible for Norwood 3 and behind because of donor and supply and also due to continuing of hair loss

Edited by Ajamilo

It’s not about grafts it’s about follicles.

A graft can contain 1-6 hairs.

So to your answer at least 70-80 hairs per cm2 will give a good looking buzzcut, but only if the native hair is also about the same density

Hairlines I've heard are single hairs only ... also heard you can't over populate with over 60xm² on a hairline... get shock loss

1 hour ago, Ajamilo said:

I would say the luxurious buzz cut with good density needs more than 1 surgery to get to that level and to be safe from grafts failure because of the blood distribution.

Are you Norwood 2 or close to that and have your hair loss stopped? I don’t see that be possible for Norwood 3 and behind because of donor and supply and also due to continuing of hair loss

Hi mate I'm a Nw 5a

But my hair loss has stopped.

I've been told the place I have chosen they can 45cm² for my hairline single hairs ...

Just thinking is that enough to create density ? If I'd like to buzz cut it?

1 hour ago, Maorizio said:

It’s not about grafts it’s about follicles.

A graft can contain 1-6 hairs.

So to your answer at least 70-80 hairs per cm2 will give a good looking buzzcut, but only if the native hair is also about the same density

Everybody's natural cm² is about 80cm² ... I've heard it's not good to jam pack it that much on a hair transplant?

9 hours ago, Chrisno said:

You'll need almost the same density as the hair behind your new hairline. If not, you'll end up with a hairline in front of the hairline. Not a good look.

So true very well said... 

Would 45cm² be good ? 

2 hours ago, jjalay said:

This is something that depends on the quality and thickness of the hair and it is individual for every patient. If you have thin hair you need more grafts, if you have thick hair you nedd less.

This is true, I get that   its just im a nw7 5a , almost starting again , so to create the hairline again would it be fine for 40 to 45 cm² hairline for density for a buzz cut ?

1 minute ago, dba said:

Everybody's natural cm² is about 80cm² ... I've heard it's not good to jam pack it that much on a hair transplant?

No dude, it depends on the person but natural density is about 100-140 per cm2.

70-80 is for guys which born with thin hair.

Anyway, 40-50 grafts per cm2 should be more than enough, as long as the native hair is about the same, otherwise it will look weird.

• Valued Contributor

To maintain a buzz cut effectively, it's crucial to ensure that the density of the implanted hair matches the density of your natural hair. Unlike other hairstyles where a specific number of hairs per square centimeter might be a guideline, there's no universal figure for a buzz cut. The density of your own natural hair serves as the determining factor. So, when maintaining a buzz cut, it's essential to consider your native hair density to achieve the desired look.

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

10 minutes ago, dba said:

This is true, I get that   its just im a nw7 5a , almost starting again , so to create the hairline again would it be fine for 40 to 45 cm² hairline for density for a buzz cut ?

40 to 45 cm2 should be more than enough but as i said if you have thich hair 40 is enough, with thin hair 45-50 is enough. You have to understand that most good doctors dont work like that. They are placing the grafts inder magnification and according to that they are placing grafts and calculate the density. Nobody says i will do 40 or 50. And of course you can always start with a first pass with lower density to increase the survival rate. After that you can always add and improve density. There are many options. But its not wise to go with density over 50 on the hairline, this might impact the survival rate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maorizio said:

No dude, it depends on the person but natural density is about 100-140 per cm2.

70-80 is for guys which born with thin hair.

Anyway, 40-50 grafts per cm2 should be more than enough, as long as the native hair is about the same, otherwise it will look weird.

Yeah true thank you

Coz my surgeon refuses to do more then 45 to 50

6 hours ago, dba said:

Yeah true thank you

Coz my surgeon refuses to do more then 45 to 50

Have you been in contact with some of the veteran elite surgeons? Dr. Hasson implanted me at 80-85 FUs per cm, and the result is looking absolutely amazing

2500 FUE by Dr. Victor Hasson, June 2023

4 hours ago, Chrisno said:

Have you been in contact with some of the veteran elite surgeons? Dr. Hasson implanted me at 80-85 FUs per cm, and the result is looking absolutely amazing

Whoah... can you please show me a pic?

• Valued Contributor

In all honesty if your chasing native density of a buzz cut then I would pass on hair transplants. I have no idea of your situation without pics to be fair. However the art of hair restoration is to give the illusion of hair. It doesn’t give you the hair you had at 15. All the best. 

• Like 4

@Gatsbywow I'm honoured to get a reply from the great gatsby... no i know mate ... but i have seen its possible to buzz cut it after to look decent density still 

• Like 1

@Gatsby do you think 45 cm² is enough density for a hairline if i want a buzzcut it ?

Or should i consider going to aomewhere that will do 80cm²? Or is that like tooo much that can cause shock loss

• Valued Contributor
Just now, dba said:

@Gatsby do you think 45 cm² is enough density for a hairline if i want a buzzcut it ?

Or should i consider going to aomewhere that will do 80cm²? Or is that like tooo much that can cause shock loss

I would need to see pictures of your hair now, how much loss you have for your age, what is your age, are you on meds, etc, etc? I don’t mean to sound trite but I’m thinking of how your hair will look at 40, 50, 60, etc. I’m just thinking of your best interests lol my term. 👊🏻

100 percent you would need to know all that information... im not on anything but I have seen some good results with others that have not been either 

Resized_20230621_123223.jpeg

IMG_6979.jpg

On 2/9/2024 at 7:03 AM, Ajamilo said:

Im a nw 5a n I got alot thick beard hair, also I think its the best because my hair loss has stabilised it cant get much worse then this lol