Supplements helping hair transplant and beyond

Hello - 

I have had hair transplant end of November 2023 at Eugenix and just crossed 2 month mark. Currently I am taking 

• Oral minoxidil 2.5mg
  • Finasteride 1mg
  • Biotin 10mg

I also read some people taking MSM, Soluble Vitamin C, Saw Palmetto and many more. Do we have a list of supplements and medications that are proven to work (other than what I am taking)? I know Biotin is debatable but that's what was recommended to me by Eugenix. 

Also, what's the impact of iRestore laser therapy units? Does it help with hair regrowth?

• Like 1

Most supplements help with hair quality not quantity but are also good for general health. However, healthier hair can look like more hair. If you are going to consider laser therapy(LLLT) I recommend units that are comprised of all true lasers. Some units are all or partially LED lights not lasers.

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, bald007 said:

Hello - 

I have had hair transplant end of November 2023 at Eugenix and just crossed 2 month mark. Currently I am taking 

• Oral minoxidil 2.5mg
  • Finasteride 1mg
  • Biotin 10mg

I also read some people taking MSM, Soluble Vitamin C, Saw Palmetto and many more. Do we have a list of supplements and medications that are proven to work (other than what I am taking)? I know Biotin is debatable but that's what was recommended to me by Eugenix. 

Also, what's the impact of iRestore laser therapy units? Does it help with hair regrowth?

Zinc, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, and several B vitamins ( B5 = Pantothenic acid, B7 = Biotin, B12 = Folic acid)

Edited by BeHappy
  • Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Valued Contributor
4 hours ago, Dr. Glenn Charles said:

Most supplements help with hair quality not quantity but are also good for general health. However, healthier hair can look like more hair. If you are going to consider laser therapy(LLLT) I recommend units that are comprised of all true lasers. Some units are all or partially LED lights not lasers.

This 👆

Just specifically for your hairs, what you are already taking, is enough.

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

13 hours ago, Dr. Glenn Charles said:

Most supplements help with hair quality not quantity

Thank you! So, does supplement help with faster hair growth or that's also a myth?