HAIRTRANSPLANT YES OR NO? -------- (Nw 5-6, DIFFUSE, 29, BAD DONOR)

Just now, Adriam said:

thank you, yeah tbh my donor isnt good. but always shaving it honestly makes it look ALOT Worse. when it grows for afew months it gets alot thicker. its still very risky

problem is i cant grow my hair out man it looks so bad, i go to work etc and i just get judged hard im very insecure about growing it out because im so bald on the top.

5 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

Your donor is looking average so a proper donor management is required if you decide to go for a HT...even if you are on meds there is a possibility that you can loose more ground so plan accordingly...one positive thing is your head size is small so you will require less grafts to cover the bald area.

Actually you look great in buzz cut so one more thing you can consider is just fix your hairline without lowering it and distribute rest of the grafts evenly and than do smp to creat an illusion of density and than keep a very short hairstyle..you can hide your scars on donor with smp too.

Yeah also i wouldnt wanna lower my hairline id just want to maybe add abit more density on the entire top. Like truthfully it doesnt have to be perfect, ill take any improvement as LONG AS the donor doesnt get too bad and the top of the head doesnt lose any more hairs! im okay with that ill take that trade, im super desperate?! im just trying to understand what is the likeiness that, that will occur that itll actually make it worse?!

1 minute ago, Adriam said:

thank you, yeah tbh my donor isnt good. but always shaving it honestly makes it look ALOT Worse. when it grows for afew months it gets alot thicker. its still very risky

I'm in the same boat brother. Yeah I would say it's below average but you can definitely get a transplant, it may not be the most perfect result like a NW3 with a great donor would get but you can still make massive improvements, especially with two procedures.

2 minutes ago, Adriam said:

problem is i cant grow my hair out man it looks so bad, i go to work etc and i just get judged hard im very insecure about growing it out because im so bald on the top.

Use hair fibers/dermmatch while you're growing it

12 hours ago, Gatsby said:

@Adriam if you have had a consult with Dr Laorwong and he is confident then he could be a good choice. We have seen a lot of great results come from Dr Laorwong. 

he said my donor was good, which i know isnt true. so why would he say that?! he quoted me for 3500? should i be careful with that?

5 minutes ago, TakeAction said:

Use hair fibers/dermmatch while you're growing it

ill try, im gonna get alot of weird looks tbh. if i wasnt working in retail itll be easy, i just wear a hat.

7 minutes ago, TakeAction said:

I'm in the same boat brother. Yeah I would say it's below average but you can definitely get a transplant, it may not be the most perfect result like a NW3 with a great donor would get but you can still make massive improvements, especially with two procedures.

thats all i want, i dont want perfection. just a improvement a significant one would be stellar. And ASLONG as the donor doesnt look too bad, and the top doesnt lose any hair then im ALL FOR IT! loarwong wants to use beard grafts on donor also, luckily i got atleast 200-500 i could use.

• Valued Contributor
2 minutes ago, Adriam said:

he said my donor was good, which i know isnt true. so why would he say that?! he quoted me for 3500? should i be careful with that?

Have consultations with several doctors that you are thinking of having a hair transplant with. If there replies are consistent then that places you in a good position of confidence. 

Just now, Gatsby said:

Have consultations with several doctors that you are thinking of having a hair transplant with. If there replies are consistent then that places you in a good position of confidence. 

Ive had several consultations with some of the big names, alot of them say 3000 - 3500. HLC was the only one that said that i should do 1500 grafts from donor and rest beard. Loarwong and gur / turan all said 3500 is fine and then crown just all beard mainly.

• Valued Contributor

That's why in some cases its better to have a physical consultation than an online one...pics are sometimes deceiving..it all depends on angles..in your last set of pics your 2nd pic exposes your donor properly and it looks weak and i think 3500 from that donor would be difficult to extract..in rest of the pictures it looks a bit better.

i can understand you can't fly to the other part of world just for consultations but at least you can consult a good hair transplant surgeon who is around you so you can get some idea...

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, A_4_Archan said:

That's why in some cases its better to have a physical consultation than an online one...pics are sometimes deceiving..it all depends on angles..in your last set of pics your 2nd pic exposes your donor properly and it looks weak and i think 3500 from that donor would be difficult to extract..in rest of the pictures it looks a bit better.

i can understand you can't fly to the other part of world just for consultations but at least you can consult a good hair transplant surgeon who is around you so you can get some idea...

This ^

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

To be honest if I am going by the worst looking pics of your donor, I strongly feel that you are going to need beard grafts to augment a hair transplant like I had to. I don’t know how strong your beard is and this is something that needs an in person consultation (if possible). All the best. 

• Like 1

You are in a similar situation to what I was when I was around your age. I think the 3500 plan 1st pass, then use of  BHT is a sound one- to confirm to transplant beard into the crown and not the donor right? Laorwong is a solid choice (went to him myself).

To echo other posters , you need an in person consultation- which you have done and posted in another thread? If I read correctly, your FU average was low- like 1.5 per graft right? If so,then tread carefully going forward- and if not already, try adding an anti androgen like RU58841 to thicken up your recipient area.

If you care about how it is now, trust me you will definitely care about it in the future. Despite all that, if you haven’t explored all [more] medical therapy options try to wait a bit and see how the verteporfin trials work themselves out. Perhaps you could be a candidate for future trials. 

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022