how much grafts you think i will need to fill this area?

24 minutes ago, shiba1985 said:

bizarre looking hairline but 800 +- 200

you think my correct hairline looking bizarre?
the hairline that i have is after hairtransplant i did.
i just think about get the hairline more lower because there are some hair in the middle that grow out as you see under the hairline and its really annoying me to shave it for make the hairline look clear and good.. so i think about fill the line and make it lower

Edited by abcd

3 minutes ago, shiba1985 said:

If you have the luxury to I guess you can go lower. Most hair transplant patients don't have enough grafts required over a lifetime to lower it that much

when i did the hairtransplant the surgery at the beginning draw my hairline almost as in the picture i uplod

but the dilemma was that this hairline maybe is too much low and we should go up, at last i decided to make it higher as it is right now and if i will regret in the future to come back to make it lower
now i still not sure if to do it or no but i just wanted to hear how much graft will need in case i decide to do it

btw i have good donor area and in my hairtransplant i did less than 2000 grafts

I don't think you should go that low

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

3 minutes ago, mavigo said:

I don't think you should go that low

maybe you right.. but as i said just want to hear more and less how much grafts i will need in case that i will decide to it in the future or something

You can measure the distance from the current hairline to the glabella. If it is less than 6cm it is definitely a no-go.

My assumption judging from the pic is that it is indeed already less.

You can find out the number of grafts by calculating the are of the rectangle/trapezium that you want covered and assume each cm2 will need around 40-50 grafts depending on the surgeon. I think the 800 grafts estimate previously mentioned should be about right.

16 minutes ago, Stoner said:

You can measure the distance from the current hairline to the glabella. If it is less than 6cm it is definitely a no-go.

My assumption judging from the pic is that it is indeed already less.

13 minutes ago, Stoner said:

You can find out the number of grafts by calculating the are of the rectangle/trapezium that you want covered and assume each cm2 will need around 40-50 grafts depending on the surgeon. I think the 800 grafts estimate previously mentioned should be about right.

I think the distance from the glabella to my correct hairline right now is 7 cm so maybe i can go a little bit more lower
thank you stoner for the informative answer

• Like 1

the hairline you have drown is way too low. You should talk to a doctor abour corrective surgery with other tools if you want to make it look better. Dont proceed with lowering your hairline even further, this wont age nice.

On 1/30/2024 at 9:57 PM, abcd said:

I think the distance from the glabella to my correct hairline right now is 7 cm so maybe i can go a little bit more lower
thank you stoner for the informative answer

You are welcome! The said distance being less than 7cm is I would say a necessary but not a sufficient condition for having a HT. Whether your hairline is high would depend on the rest of your facial features and dimensions which can be probably be best assessed by a HT surgeon in person.

Also, I assume that you are young. It is therefore crucial for you to be on medication to halt your hair loss and possibly have some regrowth-more important imo than getting another HT. After being on meds for 12-18 months, you can reassess the hairline and see what you have gained. If it still bothers you you can then go for minor touch-up, this is my advice.

Remember, your donor supply is finite, so please don't rush!

• Like 1

• Moderators

To me it looks like it would be too low with the line drawn. It looks to be the right height where it is now.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 1/31/2024 at 11:04 AM, jjalay said:

the hairline you have drown is way too low. You should talk to a doctor abour corrective surgery with other tools if you want to make it look better. Dont proceed with lowering your hairline even further, this wont age nice.

you mean to talk with doctor about change the desgin of the hairline by a few grafts?
the problem is that in my correct hairline as you can see under the middle of the hairline there are some hairs that still grow, and it make my hair line not look straight and clean.. so i have to shave them every time and its bother me when it grow again its make the hairline not look good and fresh
and one more thing, my natural hairline was lower so its feels me a little bit wired this high of the hairline while i do short haircut

On 2/1/2024 at 2:08 AM, Stoner said:

You are welcome! The said distance being less than 7cm is I would say a necessary but not a sufficient condition for having a HT. Whether your hairline is high would depend on the rest of your facial features and dimensions which can be probably be best assessed by a HT surgeon in person.

Also, I assume that you are young. It is therefore crucial for you to be on medication to halt your hair loss and possibly have some regrowth-more important imo than getting another HT. After being on meds for 12-18 months, you can reassess the hairline and see what you have gained. If it still bothers you you can then go for minor touch-up, this is my advice.

Remember, your donor supply is finite, so please don't rush!

hi again stoner
i will tell you one more thing, as you know the camera not show the reality in 100%
when i take picture with the camera the hairline look more higher than it look in real
but still as i said in the commands before, the hairs under the middle of my hairline a little bit bother me.. so i maybe consider do fix in the future
btw if i will do again HT for fix it i consider to make parts on the side of the head more closer to the end of the eybrow ( i hope you understand on which part i talk because i dont know how this part called)

On 2/1/2024 at 3:39 AM, Gatsby said:

@abcd your existing hairline is definitely low enough. Having surgery to make it even lower will make the hairline look unnatural and will stick out. Your hairline looks great as is. 👌

hi Gabsy thank you for your opinion, i will think about it :)

I would definitely not change your existing hairline. It looks fine. If you are going to bring it lower, you will have to densly pack it. Why waste the grafts just to make it look bad? If the few hair that you have below the existing hairline are bothering you, may be look into removing those grafts and place them to your existing hairline. 

12.5k grafts with Dr. Felipe Pitella in Jan 2024.

Link to my journey:

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/71724-12501-grafts-dr-felipe-pittella-jan-2024/

7 hours ago, YodaHead said:

I would definitely not change your existing hairline. It looks fine. If you are going to bring it lower, you will have to densly pack it. Why waste the grafts just to make it look bad? If the few hair that you have below the existing hairline are bothering you, may be look into removing those grafts and place them to your existing hairline. 

first of all i consider it because i didn't used alot of grafts for my first HT ( they took from me 1900 grafts)
and i'm 31 years old and have strong donor area, and one more thing, although that i cant know what will be my hairloss in the future, i still can say that my hairloss from 23 years old till today was stable. and of course i look at my family hairloss too.

anyway, you said that it possible to took off the grafts that bother me out without scarring the place where they are ? i didn't know about it, is it really can be?

• Moderators

If it's really bothering you then perhaps think about doing a small session to get more of a V type of hairline to just bring the center down slightly to cover those scattered hairs in the front. Something like the picture below.

Untitled.jpg.a96cdf57f5b9d0971fec24b9072a7199.jpg.81d294faa4ca8de69cf2fabbf273ae44.jpg

• Like 2

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

4 hours ago, BeHappy said:

If it's really bothering you then perhaps think about doing a small session to get more of a V type of hairline to just bring the center down slightly to cover those scattered hairs in the front. Something like the picture below.

Untitled.jpg.a96cdf57f5b9d0971fec24b9072a7199.jpg.81d294faa4ca8de69cf2fabbf273ae44.jpg

thanks for the advice buddy :)