Repair from Dr. Bisanga - Did adding density result in depleted area?

• 4 weeks later...

Its been well over 4 months since my surgery with dr Bisanga and here are the results.

Donor, right side (still patchy):

image.jpeg.f9e9771bb78e9ad427896213ff59dc02.jpeg

Hairline, no difference with before surgery (hopefully will start to grow from now on):

image.thumb.jpeg.0bbf6f52bcb3c24f6461602d7261c41b.jpeg

1 hour ago, patronovski said:

Its been well over 4 months since my surgery with dr Bisanga and here are the results.

Donor, right side (still patchy):

image.jpeg.f9e9771bb78e9ad427896213ff59dc02.jpeg

Hairline, no difference with before surgery (hopefully will start to grow from now on):

image.thumb.jpeg.0bbf6f52bcb3c24f6461602d7261c41b.jpeg

Thanks for the update mate. As others have said and will no doubt say to you, this should be the very start of your growth progress.

I will say that the hairline looks a lot less pluggy already than it did pre Bisanga surgery, although the lighting isn't the same as your first pic

Hey

Can you please explain why 2nd procedure is 50% success? I’ve never heard about this. Did you investigate it further?

4 hours ago, HHH said:

Thanks for the update mate. As others have said and will no doubt say to you, this should be the very start of your growth progress.

I will say that the hairline looks a lot less pluggy already than it did pre Bisanga surgery, although the lighting isn't the same as your first pic

Yes, i hope the hairline will improve further. Growth will start from month 4 i think and at month 6-7 i should see a difference. My only concern is the donor though.

1 hour ago, Kacan said:

Hey

Can you please explain why 2nd procedure is 50% success? I’ve never heard about this. Did you investigate it further?

I dont know, they told me its not a virgin scalp. And maybe also because of ridging/cobblestoning.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, its been 4.5 months now and here is quick update:

Donor area (right side): Still no improvement here, i try not to give up my hope but it bothers me. The donor area in the back where we implanted a few BHT didnt even looked this bad.

image.jpeg.9ef6bae7ffd461504e2fc2ce65f0cae5.jpeg

Different lighting:

image.jpeg.2e7401c7659b581eac6326a486635b54.jpeg

Hairline: not much difference in density yet, still early i think.

image.jpeg.e2a2b73c4e127880726668dc32661af1.jpeg

good on you OP for sharing your experience despite pretty strange aggression from the clinic and moderators. Not a good look. You are entitled to share how you feel about how things went and the community can decide whether they agree with what you're saying minus personal experience stuff. I also agree that that patch looks overharvested. Overharvesting doesnt have to be across an entire donor area but can even be a small patch that should not have gone below a reasonable hair per cm2. Maybe the area will need more time but I doubt it now. Good news is your hairline is looking softer. 

On a side note IF the doctor told you to "shut your mouth" that is really disgusting treatment of a patient.

• Like 1
  • Well Done 1

On 4/27/2024 at 6:07 AM, salsazio said:

Who was first clinic?

It was a Turkish clinic called Gold City.

3 hours ago, ijustbethinkin said:

good on you OP for sharing your experience despite pretty strange aggression from the clinic and moderators. Not a good look. You are entitled to share how you feel about how things went and the community can decide whether they agree with what you're saying minus personal experience stuff. I also agree that that patch looks overharvested. Overharvesting doesnt have to be across an entire donor area but can even be a small patch that should not have gone below a reasonable hair per cm2. Maybe the area will need more time but I doubt it now. Good news is your hairline is looking softer. 

On a side note IF the doctor told you to "shut your mouth" that is really disgusting treatment of a patient.

I also doubt it, even from the beginning. Most people said its shockloss and needs time. But the truth is that i am entering my fifth month and up until now no improvement at all.
My sides were never dense so there was already less hairs per cm2. Thats why i told the doctor that i dont think its a good idea to use the sides as donor. He said nothing will be noticeable. Now, i am left with a even worse situation then before. I cannot wear my hair short or long on the sides. The patchiness is always visible. I wish i ve never done this "correction" surgery.

8 hours ago, patronovski said:

It was a Turkish clinic called Gold City.

I also doubt it, even from the beginning. Most people said its shockloss and needs time. But the truth is that i am entering my fifth month and up until now no improvement at all.
My sides were never dense so there was already less hairs per cm2. Thats why i told the doctor that i dont think its a good idea to use the sides as donor. He said nothing will be noticeable. Now, i am left with a even worse situation then before. I cannot wear my hair short or long on the sides. The patchiness is always visible. I wish i ve never done this "correction" surgery.

From your photos it does not seem it's a large patchy area. You could resupply that part of the donor from other parts to even it out at some point...

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Broni said:

From your photos it does not seem it's a large patchy area. You could resupply that part of the donor from other parts to even it out at some point...

I'm just a little hesitant to use scalp hair as donor, because I'm afraid that the same will happen again. I dont want to fix  a problem by creating another problem somewhere else on my scalp. This is exactly what happened with this second surgery.

And even if i want to do this, i dont know who else i can trust. I mean, i went to a recommended surgeon who was known for his repair surgeries and i ended up like this...

Edited by patronovski

I'm curious what the people think who previously said it was shock loss. You guys still think that way? Or was I right about my concerns from the very beginning now that we are 5 months later. I don't know how this could happen with a highly experienced and recommended surgeon like dr. Bisanga. I am definitely looking worse than before my surgery. Even the overharvesting on the back of my head by the Turkish clinic didn't look this bad when my hair was longer. I wish I had never done this second surgery.

image.jpeg.f4ccaa7f04cda27255b37660acbb364e.jpeg

Edited by patronovski

7 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

@BHRClinic

Can we see photoshoot done by BHR before HT?

I don't remember they took photos before the surgery, I do remember they took afterwards.

I also never took good quality side profile photo's, because I never had a problem here. The only photo's I have are taken from far away (right profile, all after my first HT)
image.thumb.png.5b9367d78242cf693821f9950b141918.png

Edited by patronovski

• Al - Moderator changed the title to Repair from Dr. Bisanga - Did adding density result in depleted area?
  • Moderators

You are focusing on the negatives and forgetting about the positives. The reason you went to Bisanga was because of the poor hair line you got from somewhere else. That already looks a lot better at only 5 months post op.

image.thumb.jpeg.0bbf6f52bcb3c24f6461602d7261c41b.jpg

image.jpeg.e2a2b73c4e127880726668dc32661af1.jpg

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 5/1/2024 at 2:01 PM, patronovski said:

I'm curious what the people think who previously said it was shock loss. You guys still think that way? Or was I right about my concerns from the very beginning now that we are 5 months later. I don't know how this could happen with a highly experienced and recommended surgeon like dr. Bisanga. I am definitely looking worse than before my surgery. Even the overharvesting on the back of my head by the Turkish clinic didn't look this bad when my hair was longer. I wish I had never done this second surgery.

image.jpeg.f4ccaa7f04cda27255b37660acbb364e.jpeg

No one is going to notice that mate, also looks like you've parted it a bit, how does it look normally?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, botchedguy95 said:

No one is going to notice that mate, also looks like you've parted it a bit, how does it look normally?

It really depends on the length. If its a bit longer, then it looks like a part. If its shorter, then it look like two empty stripes.