How Much Does A Hair Transplant Cost On Average?

• Administrators

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Very informative Melvin. It would be interesting to know the average price amongst Hair Restoration Recommended surgeons or a range. 

It's one thing to know the price range of a transplant surgeon but another thing to know the price range of a good transplant surgeon. Need to separate of the cream from the crop. 

• Like 1

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

• Administrators
16 hours ago, mavigo said:

Very informative Melvin. It would be interesting to know the average price amongst Hair Restoration Recommended surgeons or a range. 

It's one thing to know the price range of a transplant surgeon but another thing to know the price range of a good transplant surgeon. Need to separate of the cream from the crop. 

There was a table posted here by @Portugal25 its a few years old, but it was very good. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

6 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

There was a table posted here by @Portugal25 its a few years old, but it was very good. 

That was a very comprehensive table, problem was it went out of date pretty much straight away. Prices are always changing/evolving. 

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Britanium said:

That was a very comprehensive table, problem was it went out of date pretty much straight away. Prices are always changing/evolving. 

That’s the difficult thing, when surgeons become more popular they usually up their prices. Also, this world wide inflation doesn’t help. 

• Like 1

View my thread

Just now, Melvin- Admin said:

That’s the difficult thing, when surgeons become more popular they usually up their prices. Also, this world wide inflation doesn’t help. 

To keep a "live" table would be a difficult task. A few years ago the costs were a lot more static across the board. I think the fluctuating/evolving prices are here to stay. 

• Like 2

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, Britanium said:

To keep a "live" table would be a difficult task. A few years ago the costs were a lot more static across the board. I think the fluctuating/evolving prices are here to stay. 

Agreed, it would take constant change. 

• Like 1

View my thread

@Britanium I think having a live table that's updated anually or so would be beneficial. I do believe ballpark that most of the recommended physicians are around $9 - 12 a graft FUE as an average.

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

Price differs according to location. USA is the most expensive. While in Europe you can find top surgeons charging 2-4€ euro/graft.
dr pittella is at 4 $/graft
In Thailand you can go to laorwong with 2 €/graft. 
In Turkey you can find decent options from 1+ €/graft

Edited by Jackdaniels
  • Like 2

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, Jackdaniels said:

Price differs according to location. USA is the most expensive. While in Europe you can find top surgeons charging 2-4€ euro/graft.
dr pittella is at 4 $/graft
In Thailand you can go to laorwong with 2 €/graft. 
In Turkey you can find decent options from 1+ €/graft

Europe varies though, some doctors in Europe charge well over 9 euros per graft. In general, the Spanish and Portuguese docs are the most affordable. In Belgium, UK, they’re around 4-5 per graft. 

View my thread