It's been almost 1 year and my donor area still noticeable... Is it poor execution? 1000 Grafts FUE

• Administrators

The grafts werenโ€™t spread out. If you harvest in a square, a square will be visible. Have you reached out to your surgeon?

Iโ€™m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey:ย 

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journeyย 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for theย Hair Transplant Network, theย Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and theย Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media:ย Facebook,ย Instagram,ย Linkedin,ย and YouTube.

ย 

This is sadly a poor planing and definitely not normal outcome. Using a really small area to harvest from causes this.

At least, do you have good results on the recipient area?

Edited by baddecisions

Only thing you can really do now is either (1) re-implant some hairs back to the area in question in a homogenous pattern, or (2) SMP.

I think SMP would work well to mask the overharvesting in your case if you keep the fade at that length you have in the pictures as minimum since your surrounding hair is long enough for it to not look unnatural.

Edited by Ccd99
  • Consultation with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Nov 2023ย - โœ… - link to threadย documenting my pre-hair restoration journey
  • First surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Septย 2024ย - โŒย - approx. 3500 grafts to frontal third - thread to be created
  • Second surgeryย with Dr Bruno Ferreira - TBDย - โŒ - approx. 2500 grafts to mid-scalp and vertex - thread to be created

ย