Anyone traveled to Turkey (specifically Ankara) for HT in last few months? Safe there?

Asking in this thread because the clinic I want to go to is in Ankara, but would love to hear if anyone had a recent trip to Turkey at all and did you feel generally safe from war and terrorism issues etc.?

• Valued Contributor

The biggest risk going to Turkey is getting a bad HT, not terrorism!

You’ll be fine with the latter. It’s the former to be most cautious of. 

Which clinics are you considering?

• Like 1
  • Well Done 1

• Valued Contributor

I was in London about to travel to Turkey and at the time the media were stating that the PKK were bombing Istanbul. Everyone told me I was mad to go. I arrived a few days later and not a bomb in sight??? Granted a few scalps were taken but it wasn't due to terrorism!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, TedsDead said:

Asking in this thread because the clinic I want to go to is in Ankara, but would love to hear if anyone had a recent trip to Turkey at all and did you feel generally safe from war and terrorism issues etc.?

There’s not any war and terrorism in Turkey. Dr Pekiner, dr keser and HLC clinic are in Ankara and all of the patients that went there didn’t have any issue. It’s completely safe. 

Edited by Jackdaniels
  • Like 1

• Valued Contributor
5 hours ago, TedsDead said:

To genuinely answer your question,  Turkey is one of my favorite Countries in the world and is very safe and modern. It has an incredible history as well. It’s not a huge tourist attraction for nothing. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Berba11 said:

The biggest risk going to Turkey is getting a bad HT, not terrorism!

You’ll be fine with the latter. It’s the former to be most cautious of. 

Which clinics are you considering?

Yeah, I meant like in terms of the Israel war mutating and spreading up there or something.. government sites are recommending "high degreee of caution" right now and I knw there's protests going on against western brand businesses, an explosion in Ankara last Oct. But I'm pretty sure the one I'm going to (HLC Clinic) has a thing where they come get you from the hotel and all so hopefully would be without issues...

• 3 weeks later...

Nonsense, don't worry! Once you're there you'll notice that the mainstream media is spreading bs as usual. Last year I traveled by car for 3 weeks through the country and one week in Ankara for a HT in December. Everything is easy.