Which US Doctors do their own harvest and implantation?

I had transplant previously with Konior.  I was over the moon with the results originally, but as some more time has passed, my hair is appearing “thinner”.  I’m guessing it’s a function of my hair relaxing and straightening out and allowing the scalp to be more visible.  Dr. K was upfront on my surgery day that, due to blood supply, we can only get about 50% density as my natural hair.  So now I’m thinking it might be time to add in the other 50%

But I don’t like the idea of techs doing most the work.  What other docs do the actual implants like Konior (as opposed to techs). I’d love to go back to Konior again, but it’s just a little too cost prohibitive.  

Edited by Bradley787

Have you consulted with Dr. Sahar Nadimi? She works at the Chicago Hair Institute alongside Dr. Konior.

From what I read, the experience and quality of work will be similar, but the cost will be a bit lower and you'll likely get in a little sooner.

🧑🏽‍⚕️ Help others by naming your clinic and surgeon, in your post title if possible.

💊 Help yourself by directing medical questions to medical professionals. No one here can safely provide medical advice like your primary care physician.

💬 Help the forum by adding a Like or other reaction to an existing comment before repeating what others have already said.

• Administrators

Are you sure it isn’t a seasonal shed? Are you on medication?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

12 hours ago, Bradley787 said:

I had transplant previously with Konior.  I was over the moon with the results originally, but as some more time has passed, my hair is appearing “thinner”.  I’m guessing it’s a function of my hair relaxing and straightening out and allowing the scalp to be more visible.  

So I’m looking at another procedure to increase density.  What other docs do the actual implants like Konior (as opposed to techs). I’d love to go back to Konior, but can’t justify another $30k.  

same thing happened with me after getting an FUE in just a few short years... interesting enough that my FUT stayed solid thick for over a decade.

On 1/16/2024 at 10:41 AM, Melvin- Admin said:

Are you sure it isn’t a seasonal shed? Are you on medication?

I don’t think so.  I don’t actually notice any hair falling out or patches.  I think it’s just when the hair first came it was pretty wavy so each individual hair covered more area.  That’s my guess anyway.  

On 1/16/2024 at 5:17 AM, MildSeven said:

when was your sugery ? are you on medication ?

are you limited to US only ? Dr Luis Nader in Mexico Seems producing good result..

Coming up on 2 years. I was doing the Happy Head dropper but switched back to finasteride pill.  

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Bradley787 said:

I don’t think so.  I don’t actually notice any hair falling out or patches.  I think it’s just when the hair first came it was pretty wavy so each individual hair covered more area.  That’s my guess anyway.  

How many grafts do you need? I can’t imagine you’d need much. You should ask Dr. Konior if maybe you can work something out as a returning patient. He’s one of the very best.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Your result was really very good, so it’s possible this could be due to anagen desynchronisation, that can occur the year after a transplant. There are videos on this forum that explain the concept if you use the search function. 

On 1/17/2024 at 6:12 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

How many grafts do you need? I can’t imagine you’d need much. You should ask Dr. Konior if maybe you can work something out as a returning patient. He’s one of the very best.

I reached out a while back.  He said I got about 50% density as my original hair (which is all that can be accomplished at one time) with about 2000 grafts.  Doing a filler would essentially be a repeat then of the first surgery.  Of course, his prices have went up since mine, so I’d be paying even more than my first surgery, which is just too tough of a pill to swallow given that I went to the most expensive doctor in the first place.  And certainly not to suggest anything was wrong or didn’t work out right from the first surgery, it just is what it is. 

No question that it definitely depends on the angle and of course light coming through.  For instance, the first picture is from right now in a room in my house w no lights above me - and which is why it probably doesn’t make sense to pay another 30k.  But here are some others showing what I’m talking about.  I’m just looking to get back to that super dense look I thought was there around the 8 month to 12 month mark, but would still want a doc that doesn’t rely on techs to do a lot of the work.  

IMG_1850.jpeg

IMG_1848.jpeg

IMG_1239.jpeg

IMG_0779.jpeg

On 1/17/2024 at 9:21 PM, FallenIdol said:

Your result was really very good, so it’s possible this could be due to anagen desynchronisation, that can occur the year after a transplant. There are videos on this forum that explain the concept if you use the search function. 

Wow. Never heard of that before, but it completely makes sense and sounds like that’s probably what’s going on (along w a combo too of the hairs relaxing and straightening out).  From the 8-12 month mark, I was definitely denser than now.  Thanks for sharing!

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Bradley787 said:

I reached out a while back.  He said I got about 50% density as my original hair (which is all that can be accomplished at one time) with about 2000 grafts.  Doing a filler would essentially be a repeat then of the first surgery.  Of course, his prices have went up since mine, so I’d be paying even more than my first surgery, which is just too tough of a pill to swallow given that I went to the most expensive doctor in the first place.  And certainly not to suggest anything was wrong or didn’t work out right from the first surgery, it just is what it is. 

No question that it definitely depends on the angle and of course light coming through.  For instance, the first picture is from right now in a room in my house w no lights above me - and which is why it probably doesn’t make sense to pay another 30k.  But here are some others showing what I’m talking about.  I’m just looking to get back to that super dense look I thought was there around the 8 month to 12 month mark, but would still want a doc that doesn’t rely on techs to do a lot of the work.  

IMG_1850.jpeg

IMG_1848.jpeg

IMG_1239.jpeg

IMG_0779.jpeg

It doesn’t hurt to ask. But it may be anagen desynchronization. 

View my thread

17 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

It doesn’t hurt to ask. But it may be anagen desynchronization. 

Yup, I think that’s what happened.  So, just comes with the territory of HT’s I guess.  

I did email him directly.  I was hoping he might throw me a bone being a customer and I had just referred some others to him, but that was his quoted cost for another surgery which I get.  His demand is off the chart and it’s not like anything went wrong from the first surgery.  It’s just me wanting to eliminate any evidence of hair loss.  So if I want to do that and get really super dense, I’ll need another.  Other than Konior and Nadimi, is there anyone else anyone else in the US that does all the extraction and placement like they do and is cheaper?  (Again, I have zero complaints about Konior - he’s the GOAT.  Just looking to see if I can get a filler procedure with a great doctor at a cheaper price point.)

Edited by Bradley787
  • Like 1

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, Bradley787 said:

Yup, I think that’s what happened.  So, just comes with the territory of HT’s I guess.  

I did email him directly.  I was hoping he might throw me a bone being a customer and I had just referred some others to him, but that was his quoted cost for another surgery which I get.  His demand is off the chart and it’s not like anything went wrong from the first surgery.  It’s just me wanting to eliminate any evidence of hair loss.  So if I want to do that and get really super dense, I’ll need another.  Other than Konior and Nadimi, is there anyone else anyone else in the US that does all the extraction and placement like they do and is cheaper?  (Again, I have zero complaints about Konior - he’s the GOAT.  Just looking to see if I can get a filler procedure with a great doctor at a cheaper price point.)

Dr. Gabel is another option, he trained with Konior. They have a similar style. 

• Thanks 1

View my thread