Suffering hairloss

Hi guys new to this forum. I am 31 years of age. I have been suffering  noticeable hairloss for 5 years now.  Not taken finasteride but have had minoxidil in the past but had fast heart beat so stopped that. Looking to start finasteride and go for transplant next year. Would love to hear anyone elses view please. The first 4 pictures are most recent, the others are a month old. I am also taking saw palmetto. IMG_1657.thumb.jpeg.a005e6053514b25b215b3adcb9b001c9.jpeg

IMG_1660.jpeg

IMG_1662.jpeg

IMG_1664.jpeg

IMG_1658.jpeg

IMG_1331.jpeg

IMG_1325.jpeg

IMG_1204.jpeg

IMG_1206.jpeg

IMG_1199.jpeg

IMG_1201.jpeg

IMG_1205.jpeg

Its hard for me to say this, but imo I don't think a hair transplant is advisable for you. You have an advanced pattern of hair loss, your crown has dipped into your donor region, and some of the donor region is thinning around your sides. This means that you have a small amount of hairs available in your donor region to transplant to a larger area in your balding region. Given your age and not being on medication all this time, you will likely not end up with a result that you would deem an improvement and you will only end up with scars on your head, and lots of time/energy/stress/money wasted. 

If you haven't already, consider shaving your head first and see if that can fit on you. Maybe some of the members who were in similar situations can chime in on their experiences too. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

You definitely need to get your hair loss under control before doing anything else. You have quite a lot of hair to hang onto still which will be important in your case if you do end up proceeding with surgey.

The safe areas of your donor look pretty thick as well, even if there is some thinning behind the ears and nape. If you can stabilise your hair loss and have realistic expectations, you could certainly get the frontal third and midscalp looking good. You have might have to make compromises on the crown and probably prepare for two surgeries, but this is where the forum's collective wisdom starts being guesswork at best and you'll ideally need to seek some in-person consultations with reputable surgeons who can do a proper examination of your donor area.

You also seem to have a pretty thick beard underneath the chin that could be utilised, and it's always worth considering FUT before any FUE where scalp donor might be at a premium.

If you haven't already, then you definitely need to try a buzzcut in the meantime. It may save you from having to take medications or seek surgery and it should always be the first step on the research ladder.

• Administrators

Zahid, 

Welcome to the forum. I echo what the others have said: you need to get your hair loss under control first before you can consider surgery. You need to give finasteride and minoxidil a full year before considering surgery. You may have a lot of regrowth; just look at @Viney case here. He had an incredible result with just medication.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

pro:

coarse haircaliber

beard hair available for donor

decent amount of hair left

youre on meds

con:

possible norwood 7 pattern

huuge crown which will swallow a lot of grafts

id consult with clinics who are specialized on high norwoods and bodyhairtranplantations such as eugenix and dr.pittella 

• Like 1

Judging from your photos you are more of a candidate for an fut megasession and not fue. In your shoes i would continue with finasteride and have a consultation with doctors like Hasson and Wong and Hattingen hair to explore this option.