has anyone wondered if they had more hair loss after sick with new Virus.

When I asked the Doctor this question, he said adamantly "No" and "it was my imagination and that he has never heard of such a thing". He absolutely said there was not a chance. It seems worst but I really don't know if it is my imagination and anxiety.

• Moderators

Hairloss doesn't always progress in a steady pace. It can speed up and slow down and then speed up again. This could happen over a lot of years where it speeds up for several years and then slows down for years and then speeds up again, etc, etc. It usually speeds up in your 20's and then slows down in the 30s. Then in your 40s or 50s it could speed up again, but I think that later speed up past your 40s is more rare, but it does happen. But you could have a lot of small increases and decreases in hairloss activity all your life. There's also seasonal sheds which some people get.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.