Finasterid 0.5 every other day

So I had in the past some mood problem when I used 1mg finasterid per day. I'm using 0.5 mg every other day that's the only dos I'm good with after trying many variations and no side effects. I don't know what is the effect yet. But is it likely to help ? I'm 28 with defuse thinning nwd 3

I agree that even smaller doses of Finasteride is better than none at all. I usually recommend to patients who experiencing any negative side effects to cute back dosage by splitting doses but taking some each day. The reason for this is Finasteride has a very short half life and therefore if not taken for over 24 hours then there are periods where the body has suboptimal amounts of medication. So for example i would first suggest to go from 1 mg daily to .5 mg daily versus 1 mg every other day. If side effect are still present then .25mg - .33 mg daily. However, patients often respond differently to same doses. So if you feel that what you are doing is working and your not losing ground after several months then keep it up. 

10 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Just don't let them touch your scalp.

are they no good Gatsby?
I have been watching their YouTube videos 🤣 might have to disregard everything I have heard from them now lol 

• Valued Contributor

One of them has been convicted of academic fraud in New Zealand and puts doubles in every hairline I have seen. The academic fraud should be enough to make you steer clear just on ethics (or lack of) alone. The other has been doing surgery for more than twenty years and is on a par with the same results. He bought the business off Dr Richard Shiels who did some repair work on my plugs and scars in my mid twenties. They have a photo album with photos of up to Norwood 3 patients max and the results are not startling. When it comes to their YouTube show they’re good on advice. But I actually have photos myself from their patients who I have met in person to back up my statements. 
I’m not saying this to simply put them down. They are both considered Australia’s elite which gives you an idea of how good the rest are. I’ve had consultations with both along with a legion of so called hair restoration experts over the past 39 years and I could not let someone risk having surgery here in Australia as a result. They are nowhere near Turkey’s best. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

One of them has been convicted of academic fraud in New Zealand and puts doubles in every hairline I have seen. The academic fraud should be enough to make you steer clear just on ethics (or lack of) alone. The other has been doing surgery for more than twenty years and is on a par with the same results. He bought the business off Dr Richard Shiels who did some repair work on my plugs and scars in my mid twenties. They have a photo album with photos of up to Norwood 3 patients max and the results are not startling. When it comes to their YouTube show they’re good on advice. But I actually have photos myself from their patients who I have met in person to back up my statements. 
I’m not saying this to simply put them down. They are both considered Australia’s elite which gives you an idea of how good the rest are. I’ve had consultations with both along with a legion of so called hair restoration experts over the past 39 years and I could not let someone risk having surgery here in Australia as a result. They are nowhere near Turkey’s best. 

It goes to show that no matter how "ethical" or valuable their advise on medications might be if the skilset is not the best then the results will likely end up disapointing.

I myself had a couple of consultations with a UK surgeon here to the point of even considering him as a possible surgeon for my scalp, howeaver I found out that comparing his results to patients from clinics such as Freitas, Ferreira or Pinto they would fall way bellow so I am glad I risked his name from my list.

4 years ago shortly before starting medication I was on the verge of taking a drastic decision of going to surgery with a local surgeon because he had good trustpilot reviews, howeaver he himself stopped me and showed me the way to meds before coming to this forum.

I feel like coming to places such as these made a tremendous difference in my views as I sitted back during quarantine to ponder for my next steps.

I’ve seen guys getting results with 0.25 EOD.

This stuff is more powerful than what people thinks.

I am using 0.25 ED with massive results but my AGA is weak.

• Valued Contributor
11 hours ago, TheGreatPretender said:

It goes to show that no matter how "ethical" or valuable their advise on medications might be if the skilset is not the best then the results will likely end up disapointing.

I myself had a couple of consultations with a UK surgeon here to the point of even considering him as a possible surgeon for my scalp, howeaver I found out that comparing his results to patients from clinics such as Freitas, Ferreira or Pinto they would fall way bellow so I am glad I risked his name from my list.

4 years ago shortly before starting medication I was on the verge of taking a drastic decision of going to surgery with a local surgeon because he had good trustpilot reviews, howeaver he himself stopped me and showed me the way to meds before coming to this forum.

I feel like coming to places such as these made a tremendous difference in my views as I sitted back during quarantine to ponder for my next steps.

Unfortunately young Aussies go to surgeons like these because of YouTube, marketing and because they are close. If only they had found this forum they wouldn’t be going for repairs or regretting their decision. 

6 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Unfortunately young Aussies go to surgeons like these because of YouTube, marketing and because they are close. If only they had found this forum they wouldn’t be going for repairs or regretting their decision. 

Yeah that's the biggest problem of this industry is that people fall for marketing tactics way too easily but sometimes it may also be out of laziness to do proper the research and the time it takes. 

Then there's also money which makes them go cheap and play russian roulette with bad clinics. 

On 1/4/2024 at 9:18 PM, Dr. Glenn Charles said:

I agree that even smaller doses of Finasteride is better than none at all. I usually recommend to patients who experiencing any negative side effects to cute back dosage by splitting doses but taking some each day. The reason for this is Finasteride has a very short half life and therefore if not taken for over 24 hours then there are periods where the body has suboptimal amounts of medication. So for example i would first suggest to go from 1 mg daily to .5 mg daily versus 1 mg every other day. If side effect are still present then .25mg - .33 mg daily. However, patients often respond differently to same doses. So if you feel that what you are doing is working and your not losing ground after several months then keep it up. 

Can you point me to a study on this? I read the opposite and started taking .5mg of Finasteride MWF about a month ago.

spacer.png