Itchy nipple on oral finasteride

SoSoz

I am constantly having itchy left nipple after taking 1mg finasteride for 3 months. Should I keep using it or discontinue it? I am not able to contact my doctor since he doesn't have any appointments available soon and I have no real advice. 

6 hours ago, SoSoz said:

I am constantly having itchy left nipple after taking 1mg finasteride for 3 months. Should I keep using it or discontinue it? I am not able to contact my doctor since he doesn't have any appointments available soon and I have no real advice. 

this sounds like the pre stage to formation of gynecomastia which is one of the side effects of finasteride. This is some what "urgent" and a message to your doctor so he can assess you sooner and advise is needed. There is always options to get to see a doctor for urgent needs on a medication THEY prescribed. It is THEIR responsibility to you. 

personally i would cut it into half or drop it completely. 

15 minutes ago, shiba1985 said:

this sounds like the pre stage to formation of gynecomastia which is one of the side effects of finasteride. This is some what "urgent" and a message to your doctor so he can assess you sooner and advise is needed. There is always options to get to see a doctor for urgent needs on a medication THEY prescribed. It is THEIR responsibility to you. 

personally i would cut it into half or drop it completely. 

Shouldn't that be happening on both sides? My left one feels puffier and is itchy almost every day, but I do not feel any mass when I touch

3 minutes ago, SoSoz said:

Shouldn't that be happening on both sides? My left one feels puffier and is itchy almost every day, but I do not feel any mass when I touch

gynecomastia is often unilateral, or often one side worse than others. you wont feel any mass at the moment. It is a process (mass formation) that happens over months to years if left unchecked. 

i had the same effect when i tried topical fin. i thought it was in my head at first, but it turns out it really was getting itchy, and sensitive to the touch from clothing. it went away when I stopped the fin if that gives you some reassurance. 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2023 at 10:20 AM, SoSoz said:

You need blood work to check your estradiol levels

2500 FUE by Dr. Victor Hasson, June 2023

• 2 weeks later...

Just talked to my doc and he said that it's probably getting irritated from clothes, but I never had this before.. and If I don't feel a lump there is nothing to worry about

• Valued Contributor
52 minutes ago, SoSoz said:

Just talked to my doc and he said that it's probably getting irritated from clothes, but I never had this before.. and If I don't feel a lump there is nothing to worry about

@SoSoz I would speak with a dermatologist.