Is finasteride mandatory to keep the post op hairline?

Hi i`m puki 32yo, my hairline already receding hairline since years ago, i did consult with one of the hair transplant clinic and the clinic suggest to do around 2000ish graft.
And the issue is they suggest me to take finasteride post op, but i dn want to take the finasteride. So will this issue will affect my future decision? has anybody doing hairtransplant without taking finasteride having issue with the hairline?

The main reason for me affraid to taking finasteride is there will be a slight chance to affect my reproduce system

Please dn judge me, i just want to know the best for my sex health, and hairline

5 hours ago, Pukimay said:

Hi i`m puki 32yo, my hairline already receding hairline since years ago, i did consult with one of the hair transplant clinic and the clinic suggest to do around 2000ish graft.
And the issue is they suggest me to take finasteride post op, but i dn want to take the finasteride. So will this issue will affect my future decision? has anybody doing hairtransplant without taking finasteride having issue with the hairline?

The main reason for me affraid to taking finasteride is there will be a slight chance to affect my reproduce system

Please dn judge me, i just want to know the best for my sex health, and hairline

First of all, you should give it a try and see how it responds. If you’re having issues with oral finasteride you can go for the topical finasteride. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

I agree with @Shadman. It makes more sense to start with medication before surgery as surgery is a last resort. You could trial finasteride for 12 months to see how you respond. I understand that you may not want to use finasteride. However just like you don't like MPB it's part of addressing it. Your baldness will most likely continue as MPB is progressive and you will be looking at another surgery in the future after this one.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
15 hours ago, Pukimay said:

Whilst it’s a fair concern, why not try first and see how you get on? I never understand why people adopt this approach without first trying. Makes no sense. 

If you're MPB is progressing then yoyr hairline would defintely look thinner in the future, even with a HT. Note, however, that if you don't have dupa, and your grafts are taken from the safe donor zone, the transplanted grafts themselves won't thin 

Edited by Eli_Avdikian