Minoxidil shedding

HarryHonolulu

Hey all

i started taking oral minoxidil (1.25) exactly a year ago.

Didn’t notice any effects, good or bad. So I upped the dosage to 2.5 in September.

i have been shedding like a mofo since then and am legitimately confused/concerned.

does any of this make sense ? Is it “normal”? Btw I’m on propecia too.

5 minutes ago, HarryHonolulu said:

Hey all

i started taking oral minoxidil (1.25) exactly a year ago.

Didn’t notice any effects, good or bad. So I upped the dosage to 2.5 in September.

i have been shedding like a mofo since then and am legitimately confused/concerned.

does any of this make sense ? Is it “normal”? Btw I’m on propecia too.

Don’t worry this is actually common. 

1 hour ago, Shadman said:

Don’t worry this is actually common. 

but is it common to shed this much so long after starting treatment? 

it's been a year since I started taking the 1.25mg (noticed no shedding but no improvements either) and 4 months since I "upgraded" to 2.5 mg...

13 minutes ago, HarryHonolulu said:

but is it common to shed this much so long after starting treatment? 

it's been a year since I started taking the 1.25mg (noticed no shedding but no improvements either) and 4 months since I "upgraded" to 2.5 mg...

I think from now on there will be no more shedding, because you’ve already completed four months. Give 2.5 mg at least four more months and decide. 

I think from now on there will be no more shedding, because you’ve already completed four months. Give 2.5 mg at least four more months and decide. 

Is it normal for transplanted grafts to shed too during oral minoxidil treatment? Or would it just affect native hair?

12 hours ago, HarryHonolulu said:

Is it normal for transplanted grafts to shed too during oral minoxidil treatment? Or would it just affect native hair?

If I’m not wrong if you’re shedding more hairs in that case, numbers of hairs in telogen phase is higher. Technically if you’ve higher transplanted grafts in telogen phase  or native hairs in telogen phase those will shed. Give it some more time. And you can also consult with your ht surgeon if you had one. 

If I’m not wrong if you’re shedding more hairs in that case, numbers of hairs in telogen phase is higher. Technically if you’ve higher transplanted grafts in telogen phase  or native hairs in telogen phase those will shed. Give it some more time. And you can also consult with your ht surgeon if you had one. 

thank you. so it's not weird that I am shedding 4 months after starting the 2.5mg treatment? seems like a long time