Considering a Hair transplant NEED ADVICE !!!

Hy everyone,

I'm a newbie here and everything's very new to me. I would really appreciate everyone's advice and knowledge of thier hair transplant experiences and reccomendations on surgeons and what to expect from a hair transplant.

Im a female and have suffered loss of hair around the hair line and temples. I've tried everything over a period of 5 years to regrow the area's fully ,but only Baby hair's have grown.I'm Considering a hair transplant.

what research should i do ?

AVA,

First and foremost, take your time. It's really good to see that you haven't jumped into a HT after years of trial and error looking for a solution -- I would reccomend that if you decide upon a HT, to take a mandatory 2week wait after your "decision", simply to mull things over and do some final reflection and research on the forum.

Anyways, your best bet is to select a nice sampling of elite clinics (Coalition docs are as good a starting point as can be), and to do consults with them (live or online). You can also upload some pics to the forum if you'd like and I'm sure you would get some good feedback on what to generally expect.

Consults will involve you sending in various, clear pictures of your current hair, as well as important information such as your age, history of hairloss, what treatments you've tried. You will then get back a prognosis that will include a graft estimate, surgical plan, and some words on what to expect long-term.

HTs are tricky to begin with, and for a female even moreso, so really take your time to assess your options. There is a good chance you will get back prognoses from docs that will differ from one another, which is good since it simply means you will have more options to choose from -- but making it all the more important you take your time deciding which path to choose.

Not knowing where you live, I'd try to fire up some consults with Hasson&Wong, Shapiro/SMG, Feller, DevRoye. I know they are all well-versed in doing online consults, have a strong prescence on the forums, and except for H+W they perform high-quality FUE, which you may want to explore (FUE vs. FUT).

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

• 6 months later...