Need advice on the course of action after a bad Hair Transplant

Hi everyone!

Hope you all are doing great 

So, it has been 5 weeks since my hair transplant surgery and i have totally lost faith in my Hair Transplant surgeon because of the following reasons:

1. The surgery was conducted by two technicians, although the clinic had two doctors still the called in two technicians for the surgery. The surgeons told me that the doctors would soon join them for the surgery after they give me anaesthesia and they started extracting without even notifying me, i was given evasive answers whenever i asked about the doctor and told me to stay quite since this will impact the quality of the procedure, the doctor came only once during the whole surgery and hardly stayed for a minute. After the surgery the doctor saw me and when I confronted him his reply was that he was supervising the whole surgery through his phone and he will take the responsibility for the surgery. I didn’t want to argue at this point since in was dizzy and tired because of Anaesthesia and 5 hours surgery.
  2. I feel the no. Of grafts implanted is way below the promised 5500 grafts, i posted photos on the Hair Transplant subReddit and was told by many of other users that it is somewhere around 2500 grafts.
  3. The hairline design is very unnatural, straight and the hairs have been implanted in rows.
  4. They literally implanted or mistakenly put a white thread into my scalp which was noticed by my sister after my head got clear of the scabs, around 15 day mark, and when i sent the photo to the clinic i was told this is a very normal process of shedding, although the thread was easily removed by my sister and i had very minor ticking pain but i want to emphasise the negligent attitude of the clinic.
  5. I faced shock loss 20 days after the process and was told by the doctor that it is not shock loss but rather alopecia areata and that have to undergo a separate treatment for the same which would cost me half the cost of hair transplant. On consultation with other doctors i was told that it is nothing but shock loss and would treat itself within a few months.

So, i consult you guys with regard to the further course of action. For now i am trusting the process and am really hoping to see some improvement, i would certainly be needing another surgery since it has been 35 days since my surgery and many of the grafts have shed but i never noticed a good coverage of my head, since before the shedding ideally the hairs should cover the scalp and one shouldn’t be able to see through the but sadly that wasn’t the case with me.

Alternatively i am considering suing the surgeon for this horrible job, but i am thinking of waiting for 6 months for the results since util then he would have defence that I didn’t wait for the process to complete, if any of you has any prior experience of litigation in this domain in India then please help this friend out.

Thanks and Regards 

These pictures were taken 4-5 days after the procedure 

20231119_213824.jpg

20231119_213915.jpg

20231119_213925.jpg

20231119_213736.jpg

This picture shows the thread in my scalp

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-29 at 5.26.33 PM.jpeg

This picture was taken 27-28 days after the surgery 

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-21 at 8.01.07 PM.jpeg

These are pre-surgery pictures 

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-22 at 4.03.50 PM 2.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-22 at 4.03.51 PM 2.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-22 at 4.03.50 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-22 at 4.03.49 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-22 at 4.03.50 PM 3.jpeg

Edited by BOSS
  • Sad 1

Sorry to see such poor work, they really did some shady stuff here. Probably less then half the proposed graft count. Very poor planning and design. The row like implanting and very low density when they progressed behind the hairline. Everything about this smacks of sub par and shoddy work. They literally just wanted you're money. Most likely the hair angulation will be off too. 

Be interesting to see post op pics of you're donor area. You will have to wait at least 12 months for the results to know the full extent of just how poor the procedure was. 

The clinic will fob you off using all the possible excuses they can muster. 

It was such a large area to cover,  even if it was the 5k it would have required another transplant. 

As it stands now they have most likely used up a fair amount of you're finite donor area unfortunately. 

Keep us all updated and start to seek out a better choice for you're inevitable second procedure. 

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Britanium said:

Sorry to see such poor work, they really did some shady stuff here. Probably less then half the proposed graft count. Very poor planning and design. The row like implanting and very low density when they progressed behind the hairline. Everything about this smacks of sub par and shoddy work. They literally just wanted you're money. Most likely the hair angulation will be off too. 

Be interesting to see post op pics of you're donor area. You will have to wait at least 12 months for the results to know the full extent of just how poor the procedure was. 

The clinic will fob you off using all the possible excuses they can muster. 

It was such a large area to cover,  even if it was the 5k it would have required another transplant. 

As it stands now they have most likely used up a fair amount of you're finite donor area unfortunately. 

Keep us all updated and start to seek out a better choice for you're inevitable second procedure. 

Yeah, i would be using my beard for the 2nd procedure since i have a dense beard, but god knows how many grafts will i be needing, moreover i expect to see some growth in my native crown hairs since i was using a hair system for 8 months hence the top of my head was shaved most of the time, i had some density in that area before i started using hair system and i hope the finesteride and Minoxidil can revive them. After all what other option do i have apart from staying hopeful.

Thanks for the response 

Yes, this looks like really poor work and shady ethics. All you can do now is wait for the final results of your ht and stay hopeful. If things dont turn out the way you want it in your place i would definitely think about chasing these doctors legally.

• Administrators

Although the clinic may have acted unethically. 5 weeks is too early to do anything. You have to wait and see how it turns out before doing anything. 

Watch this

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 12/21/2023 at 11:05 PM, jjalay said:

Yes, this looks like really poor work and shady ethics. All you can do now is wait for the final results of your ht and stay hopeful. If things dont turn out the way you want it in your place i would definitely think about chasing these doctors legally.

Yeah, I’ll definitely wait for 8-12 months before going for a legal action, who knows it might just turn out to be fine. Thanks for the advice though 

On 12/22/2023 at 1:11 AM, Melvin- Admin said:

Although the clinic may have acted unethically. 5 weeks is too early to do anything. You have to wait and see how it turns out before doing anything. 

Watch this

Yes, thanks for the response i saw the video and it definitely made me hopeful with my results, let’s see how it turns out

• Valued Contributor

I feel bad for you brother..This an very unethical and everything is poor about the whole process though its good that they have implanted less grafts or else you mite have lost more of those precious grafts which are finite...

You need to talk to the lawyer ,but i don't think in india there is any rule that technicians can't perform a HT plus this is a cosmetic surgery so the doctor can get away even if the outcome is very poor...

You don't need to stress out at this time because many a times even worst of clinics are providing decent results...so just don't think much about this and let them grow and see how it goes till 7-8 months..

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

24 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

I feel bad for you brother..This an very unethical and everything is poor about the whole process though its good that they have implanted less grafts or else you mite have lost more of those precious grafts which are finite...

You need to talk to the lawyer ,but i don't think in india there is any rule that technicians can't perform a HT plus this is a cosmetic surgery so the doctor can get away even if the outcome is very poor...

You don't need to stress out at this time because many a times even worst of clinics are providing decent results...so just don't think much about this and let them grow and see how it goes till 7-8 months..

Thanks for the response

Yeah rightly said i am really disheartened by this surgery, i was way better off using hair system which served me well for good 8 months than going for a hair transplant in a hurry, i visited 5-6 clinics, should’ve visited more plus the hopium they give you totally changes your perception until you’re struck with the harsh reality 

Actually i am quite hopeful with the legal action since i am a law student myself i was able to find a few laws suitable for my case, moreover I won’t be needing to pay any fee if i decide to contest it myself, so nothing wrong with giving it a shot.

Yeah i am trying to maintain my composure, i just wish other people stop giving me hell for seeing me changed all of a sudden :P

• Valued Contributor
21 minutes ago, BOSS said:

Thanks for the response

Yeah rightly said i am really disheartened by this surgery, i was way better off using hair system which served me well for good 8 months than going for a hair transplant in a hurry, i visited 5-6 clinics, should’ve visited more plus the hopium they give you totally changes your perception until you’re struck with the harsh reality 

Actually i am quite hopeful with the legal action since i am a law student myself i was able to find a few laws suitable for my case, moreover I won’t be needing to pay any fee if i decide to contest it myself, so nothing wrong with giving it a shot.

Yeah i am trying to maintain my composure, i just wish other people stop giving me hell for seeing me changed all of a sudden :P

Yeah actually you should try it as this can atleast scare him so that he don't do such things with other patients

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023