Hair flap hairline reconstruction advice

Hello community, in 1992 I had a Fleming-Meyer flap surgery.  For 31 years I've endured an awful hairline and I'm finally ready to have the scar and hairline reconstructed. 

I sent pics and my story to Dr. Laorwong in Bangkok, but he said he can't help me.  

So I'm asking our great community for advice on a surgeon who could help me.  

Ideally I want the donor hairs FUE removed from the flap to lessen the density and to put them in to hide the very prominent scar in front.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.  I live in Los Angeles but I'll travel for an excellent surgeon that can help. 

Much appreciated 👏 

Screenshot_20231216_063409_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20231216_063403_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20231216_063353_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20231216_063346_WhatsApp.jpg

I really dont know if its better to remove these grafts as you say or to simply add more single grafts to camouflage the scar and cover the multigrafts that you have on the hairline. Dr. Bisanga in Belgium has a lot of experience with such repairs and you should definitely have a consultation with him.

Happy holidays as well!

• Moderators

The best option may be to simply add some FUE grafts in front of your hair line to create a new hair line. Is there a reason Dr Laorwong said he couldn't help you? This seems like an easy thing to fix. 

image.png.231ebdda47574b90653af91fd62c8873.png

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

frontal hairline angles are something between 25 and 15°.
Lateral hairline angles should be 15-5°.
The directions of the hair should be like int he pic I attach.
From what I see, your surgeon didn't respect this rules so I suppose that just adding grafts can't help.

hairline-angle-direction(1).jpg

2 hours ago, duchaine said:

frontal hairline angles are something between 25 and 15°.
Lateral hairline angles should be 15-5°.
The directions of the hair should be like int he pic I attach.
From what I see, your surgeon didn't respect this rules so I suppose that just adding grafts can't help.

hairline-angle-direction(1).jpg

It’s a flap not a hair transplant which is why the angles are the way they are.  These procedures were common back in the 80s and 90s. Outdated.

Thanks for your help friends.  You rock 🎸

I'll post updates if I find a surgeon who thinks he or she can help me. It may be that just adding FUE in the front won't work with the angle of the hairs in the flap and the surgeon doesn't want such a diffucult case.