Do Hair Transplant fade over time?

DMJr

Hi All, 

I'm 35 and have had 3 Hair transplant procedures with bad results with Dr.D**** in Los Gatos. From the start there were complications. So much so he gave me a repair for virtually cost free on the 3rd transplant. However, my native hair has remained strong, but my transplanted area is failing. Dr. D****'s only answer to this is to ask '' every transplant surgeon '' that they all fade in 5-10 years. I feel like this is a complete BS response

If anyone can comment on this, I'd appreciate the feedback and potential options. 

Thanks - 

Edited by DMJr

It really depends on your genetics and your donor area. If your hairs are taken from the safe zone and they were not somehow harmed during the procedure after 10-15 years you might see some thinning of the transplanted hair if you are predisposed to this. If the hairs are taken out of the safe zone you might lose these hairs after a couple of years if your hairloss progresses, if the bulb of the follicles are somehow harmed by the procedure they will come out whispy or thinned out and will fall out after a couple of cycles in 1-2 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DMJr said:

Hi All, 

I'm 35 and have had 3 Hair transplant procedures with bad results with Dr.D**** in Los Gatos. From the start there were complications. So much so he gave me a repair for virtually cost free on the 3rd transplant. However, my native hair has remained strong, but my transplanted area is failing. Dr. D****'s only answer to this is to ask '' every transplant surgeon '' that they all fade in 5-10 years. I feel like this is a complete BS response

If anyone can comment on this, I'd appreciate the feedback and potential options. 

Thanks - 

He's not completely wrong according to one study:

"The 4 year follow up grading of hair loss showed moderate reduction in transplanted hair density in 55.35%, slightly reduced density in 27.67% greatly reduced in 8.03% and no change in the density in 8.92% subjects."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8061642/

Edited by BaldDude