39 y/o middle eastern male. Considering Dr. Yaman, 4500 grafts. Need advice!

21 hours ago, Shawnintheusa said:

Yup sounds about right.  The doctors in Turkey don’t usually deal with high Norwood cases.  Dr. Yaman has a couple of high Norwood cases, but if I’m going to spend 5-6k to have a couple of sessions done in turkey, I’d rather spend the same and go to Eugenix where they specialize in this kind of thing.

all Eugenix packages have doctors that do the important channeling and hairline planning/hair design.  The only difference between the packages is the skill experience of the doctors.

the current doctor for their comprehensive package, which is their entry level, is Dr. Vinita Dubey.  I did some forum searching and she def has some cases on here, but I don’t see any high Norwood cases on the forum for her yet, maybe I’m overlooking?

in any event, I had a long conversation with their office about their methods and procedure and was blown away by even the initial contact and level of care.  It’s like pulling teeth to get a Turkish clinic to get on a phone call and give you details.  

That definitely was not the case with Eugenix.  They encourage you to ask questions and implore you to really look at options before making a decision on who to go with, even if it’s not their clinic.

in any event, I’m definitely leaning more towards Eugenix at this point.  Trying to get my finances lined up to make it happen.

That is really nicee to hear. Take your time when it comes to the finances part. Don’t rush and do a hair transplant just to be finish with it. If it even takes two years to save up your money wait for it. In mean while take the finasteride and wait at least 1 year to see the effect of the minoxidil. 

Dr Yaman is a hit and miss and you can’t afford it. Is worse to live a life in regret than using more money on a thing that is soo important ☺️

On 12/16/2023 at 2:04 AM, Shawnintheusa said:

I had a long conversation with Eugenix today.  They def go further than the Dr. Yaman’s office in terms of explaining the procedure, process and potential results.

I am starting to lean towards going to Eugenix, but can only afford the entry level package with their newer doctors.

would you recommend sticking with Yaman or entrusting a newer doctor at Eugenix?

Between entry level package of Eugenix and Dr Yaman i would definitely choose Dr Yaman. The entry level package has a new doctor with low experience and with no results posted similar to yours. While yaman has big experience as he is doing surgeries for many years and he deals with all the patients of his clinic. He has done many cases to higher norwood patients.

Edited by BaldGuy

Shawn , I’m living in California too , can I send you a message in PV . Maybe we can share some thoughts in this journey ? I’m not sure how I’m able to send private message in this froum ? 

Edited by Kamran10

55 minutes ago, Kamran10 said:

Shawn , I’m living in California too , can I send you a message in PV . Maybe we can share some thoughts in this journey ? I’m not sure how I’m able to send private message in this froum ? 

Hi Kamran,

I don’t  think we can message each other in private due to forum restrictions from moderators.

1 hour ago, Kamran10 said:

Shawn , I’m living in California too , can I send you a message in PV . Maybe we can share some thoughts in this journey ? I’m not sure how I’m able to send private message in this froum 

Edited by Shawnintheusa

• Valued Contributor

Consider splitting the surgery into two sessions, each with 3,000 grafts, to better manage your budget and select a high-quality doctor.

But if you're set on a single session with 4,500 grafts within your budget,imo you should consider exploring options like Dr. Gur, Dr. Demirsoy, or Dr. Patty.

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• 2 weeks later...

Alright everyone, after a lot of back and forth, I ended up finalizing my procedure with Dr. Yaman in Istanbul.  My gut jut said to go that route.

I also decided to go with the original two HT route, with the first HT in Feb 2024 for 4500-5000 graft and a follow up procedure 12-18 months down the road if all goes well for an additional 2500 grafts or so.

I am super jittery and nervous already, but excited to get this done.

• Well Done 1

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, Shawnintheusa said:

Alright everyone, after a lot of back and forth, I ended up finalizing my procedure with Dr. Yaman in Istanbul.  My gut jut said to go that route.

I also decided to go with the original two HT route, with the first HT in Feb 2024 for 4500-5000 graft and a follow up procedure 12-18 months down the road if all goes well for an additional 2500 grafts or so.

I am super jittery and nervous already, but excited to get this done.

A great surgeon and a smart game plan! 💯

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everoyne

My surgery with Dr. Yaman is in one week, super nervous but excited to get it done.

here is an updated picture of my donor.  

From the back it definitely looks like the Oral minoxidil is working, my hair has thickened.  I last cut my hair on October 30 and have let it grow out since.  I’ve trimmed about an inch from the back and side because it’s got super long.

I am hoping the hair gods are on my side and I get some good results!

Btw, my hair is wet in these photos

IMG_0297.jpeg

IMG_0295.jpeg

Edited by Shawnintheusa

Middle Eastern here as well with diffuse thinning like yourself and same loss pattern. My advice is to avoid lowering the hairline. Work in a way that is conservative and plan for 2 / 3 surgeries. I'd probably go fewer grafts in your fast pass. Maybe 3 - 4k just to see how it would grow.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Z-- said:

Middle Eastern here as well with diffuse thinning like yourself and same loss pattern. My advice is to avoid lowering the hairline. Work in a way that is conservative and plan for 2 / 3 surgeries. I'd probably go fewer grafts in your fast pass. Maybe 3 - 4k just to see how it would grow.

Have you had a transplant?

3 hours ago, Shawnintheusa said:

Have you had a transplant?

Yes, two times. Roughly 5,000 grafts now. I'm very happy with my result. However, if I want it to be a "perfect result" where there is no thinning visible, I think I'll need to do one more, though I plan to wait until I am a bit older to see how my loss progresses.

• 3 months later...
On 2/3/2024 at 7:21 PM, Shawnintheusa said:

Hi everoyne

My surgery with Dr. Yaman is in one week, super nervous but excited to get it done.

here is an updated picture of my donor.  

From the back it definitely looks like the Oral minoxidil is working, my hair has thickened.  I last cut my hair on October 30 and have let it grow out since.  I’ve trimmed about an inch from the back and side because it’s got super long.

I am hoping the hair gods are on my side and I get some good results!

Btw, my hair is wet in these photos

IMG_0297.jpeg

IMG_0295.jpeg

update?