Doubling Finasteride dosage

FinallyHT

A few years back before I had my transplant surgeries, I played with the dosage of finasteride from 1mg to 2.5mg  and I believe it made a difference. The only other thing I was doing different was using liquid minoxidil right after I took a hot steam shower. I can’t recall why I stopped using 2.5mg. Anyways, here’s two photos of before and after. No product was used in the after photos. The hairs gre longer and I had more volume to push my hair up. 

do you believe increasing finasteride dosage helps? 

IMG_3002.jpeg

IMG_3001.jpeg

Hairloss began at age 23. 

Oral Finasteride 1mg daily since 2006, Topical Minoxidil since 2012. Hair transplant 3,400 grafts 2019. Second hair transplant 2,400 grafts in 2023. 

• Valued Contributor

Your hair looks great. Congratulations 🎉🎈🍾 The prescribed dosage is 1mg a day. I would consider increasing it under the guidance of a good dermatologist. But switching to dutasteride might be a better option. In your case @FinallyHT I wouldn’t change a thing. 

I’m trying to figure out if the hair growth from 2014 to 2015, was because of doubling the dosage of finasteride. 

does anyone have experience with increased hair growth by doubling finasteride dosage. 

Oral Finasteride 1mg daily since 2006, Topical Minoxidil since 2012. Hair transplant 3,400 grafts 2019. Second hair transplant 2,400 grafts in 2023. 

There's very little difference in DHT reduction if you increase/decrease the dose. Fin has what's called a flat dose response. Increasing/decreasing the dose will typically have no effect on sides or results. 

Dutasteride is the next step if you feel Fin isn't working. 

• Like 1

So would you say the use of minoxidil liquid right after a steam shower is what caused the hair growth?