1800-2000 Grafts Fue

Oldhair

I am currently 3 days post-op getting the NeoGraft procedure for the front of my hair line and the side of my temples. Wish I had found this forum sooner and read through everyone’s experiences. Now I’m feeling a little post-op regret like I could have found somewhere better. 

How do the results look so far? I was originally quoted for 1800-2000 grafts. During the procedure I think I remember them saying they were able to harvest around 1800, but I’m not sure that’s how much was actually implanted comparing my photos to others on here who had similar numbers. I’m definitely planning on contacting the clinic and asking for my paperwork and pictures/videos from the day of the surgery to see if they specify the exact amount of grafts used. In a previous meeting, I asked what would happen if they end up using less grafts than predicted and they said they would reimburse me. Is it rude to ask about that again?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

IMG_6119.jpeg

IMG_6118.jpeg

IMG_6117.jpeg

1 minute ago, Oldhair said:

I am currently 3 days post-op getting the NeoGraft procedure for the front of my hair line and the side of my temples. Wish I had found this forum sooner and read through everyone’s experiences. Now I’m feeling a little post-op regret like I could have found somewhere better. 

How do the results look so far? I was originally quoted for 1800-2000 grafts. During the procedure I think I remember them saying they were able to harvest around 1800, but I’m not sure that’s how much was actually implanted comparing my photos to others on here who had similar numbers. I’m definitely planning on contacting the clinic and asking for my paperwork and pictures/videos from the day of the surgery to see if they specify the exact amount of grafts used. In a previous meeting, I asked what would happen if they end up using less grafts than predicted and they said they would reimburse me. Is it rude to ask about that again?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

IMG_6119.jpeg

IMG_6118.jpeg

IMG_6117.jpeg

As you've already completed your procedure, I think you should wait at least 12 months to see how it turns out. Follow instructions of the clinic. 

In my opinion, not looking like 1800 grafts

• Like 2

Who was the clinic/Dr? Was it a chain type one like Bosley? Clinics using the Neograft method aren't the best tbh. 

As they didn't use a massive amount of grafts (looks like less than they said) then at least you will have more in the bank if a future ht is needed. 

Next time you will be much better informed. Do you have anymore pics you can share? Be interested to see how the donor area was looking post op. 

If you really wanted to check those numbers you could use a editing program like GIMP to count the graft sites. 

13 minutes ago, BRITA-XL said:

Who was the clinic/Dr? Was it a chain type one like Bosley? Clinics using the Neograft method aren't the best tbh. 

As they didn't use a massive amount of grafts (looks like less than they said) then at least you will have more in the bank if a future ht is needed. 

Next time you will be much better informed. Do you have anymore pics you can share? Be interested to see how the donor area was looking post op. 

If you really wanted to check those numbers you could use a editing program like GIMP to count the graft sites. 

I got it done by Dr. Berkowitz at Michigan Hair Restoration.

I’m supposed to take the bandages off today. I’ll post a picture of the donor area once I do. 

Any opinion on the quality of the implants besides the number of them?

Edited by Oldhair

4 minutes ago, Oldhair said:

I got it done by Dr. Berkowitz at Michigan Hair Restoration.

I’m supposed to take the bandages off today. I’ll post a picture of the donor area once I do. 

Any opinion on the quality of the implants besides the number of them?

It actually doesn't look too bad, yes more grafts would have been beneficial, but see how it starts to grow out. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jjalay said:

If you take some high resolution fotos of the recipient area immidiate post op you can also count the grafts from your own to see how many they implanted.

I tried doing this, but some of the implanted grafts are so close together it’s hard to tell. Also it’s hard to distinguish some of them from the native hair. From what I estimated, it seems like less than 1800 grafts ☹️

Anyone want to try counting from the first images I posted? 😬

Also how can I bring my concerns up with the clinic without sounding like a douche? 

Edited by Oldhair

25 minutes ago, Oldhair said:

I tried doing this, but some of the implanted grafts are so close together it’s hard to tell. Also it’s hard to distinguish some of them from the native hair. From what I estimated, it seems like less than 1800 grafts ☹️

Anyone want to try counting from the first images I posted? 😬

Also how can I bring my concerns up with the clinic without sounding like a douche? 

You can try using Photoshop in your laptop to count the grafts exactly and afterthat show the photos to the clinic and ask them about it. Except from that if you feel that the number of grafts is much lower you can always consult another doctor.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, duchaine said:

the treated area was about 35-40 cm2 but I can't see 45-50 FU/cm2.
I think you got at least 1/3 less.

So you’re saying closer to 1200 grafts?

How should I bring up my concerns to the clinic without sounding accusatory?

7 hours ago, Oldhair said:

So you’re saying closer to 1200 grafts?

How should I bring up my concerns to the clinic without sounding accusatory?

A guy on this forum spent a couple of days counting the grafts...count the incision and, if they implanted less grafts, call them and ask for a refund,

Edited by duchaine
  • Thanks 1