Desonide Lotion- Seborrheic Dermatitis

Hi All- Has anyone used desonide lotion .05% to control seborrheic dermatitis post hair transplant? I am about 5 weeks post op and my surgeon who is a dermatologist recommended using. He did NOT say it was a must, but would control inflammation and itching and told me the dermatitis would NOT affect outcome.

Just reaching out to see if anyone has used- I want to be cautious and not apply anything that may compromise results.

Thanks!

• Valued Contributor

I’ve been recommended Betacap solution as two years post-op I still have some lingering redness and flakiness of the scalp. Haven’t bought it yet as I’m trying a shampoo first as Betacap is a steroidal topical which should only be used for two weeks. 

Worth also looking into if you’re having the same issues. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks @jjalayand @Berba11- I know about nizrol, but I read in a couple of places where patients claimed their HTs went south after using. While I know it is anecdotal- who know the actual reason, it was enough to scare me off.

@Berba11- Which shampoo are you using? I was told by the dermatologist that shampoo with selenium sulfide or pyrithione zinc are good. 

Much appreciated!

I had excellent results with HT #1, as this is 5 weeks post op on HT #2.

I also had a breakout of seborrheic dermatitis post HT#1, and didn't do anything to treat and it went away.

This time, the scalp feels a little more inflammed, although it does seem to be subsiding.

I guess I am concerned about doing anything that could compromise results, although some say that seborrheic dermatitis might be a contributor to sub-optimal results- seems to depend on who you ask.

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!