Should I get a fue transplant now or wait?

Hi guys,

so Im seriously considering getting a fue transplant in the coming weeks/months, 

but there is a little part of me that’s thinking why not ride it out and wait as long as possible until the fibre can’t cover it anymore, because at the moment I can hide it perfectly and stilll have great hair apart from my thinning crown,
I will add some photos with the dust fibre and with out for you too see my current hair situation 

so I would like some of your thoughts about this because obviously we only have a limited amount of donor supply, 

Any suggestions and input appreciated 

IMG_7138.png

IMG_7134.jpeg

IMG_7133.jpeg

IMG_7132.jpeg

IMG_7135.jpeg

A8C37442-BBCD-403F-98B4-75543A84E97E.jpeg

• Administrators

How old are you?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

54 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

How old are you?

I’m 33 years old 

if the topik fibre was water proff I would definitely wait until i couldn’t hide it anymore, the problem is I live in a hot country and love to swim and I can’t go under water anymore or I come out with a empty space on the back of my head lol

Edited by Jlee

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, Jlee said:

I’m 33 years old 

if the topik fibre was water proff I would definitely wait until i couldn’t hide it anymore, the problem is I live in a hot country and love to swim and I can’t go under water anymore or I come out with a empty space on the back of my head lol

At 33 there’s no reason not too, but you can make it waterproof. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

If you are fine with using fibers then i would stick with it and prolong the hairtransplant for as long as possible. Your hairloss may progress even further on the front later on and the crown is sometimes considered as a black hole for the grafts. You can also use dermmatch in the crown and this is waterproof. Another option is also medication like topical or oral finasteride, you might achieve some growth in the crown with medication too.

10 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

At 33 there’s no reason not too, but you can make it waterproof. 

This is absolutely amazing thanks for this information!

is it completely necessary to use both the dermatch and fibre? 
maybe the fibre alone with hairspray could work? 

I have had 1 hair transplant before in 2017 for the front hair line 1800 grafts and maybe 600 grafts put into my beard, 

this is why I’m a bit worried about my donor area and maybe it’s a good idea to see if I carry on loosing hair and maybe try wait until 40 years old aprox at the rate i been loosing Wich is slow, 

10 hours ago, jjalay said:

If you are fine with using fibers then i would stick with it and prolong the hairtransplant for as long as possible. Your hairloss may progress even further on the front later on and the crown is sometimes considered as a black hole for the grafts. You can also use dermmatch in the crown and this is waterproof. Another option is also medication like topical or oral finasteride, you might achieve some growth in the crown with medication too.

Yes this could be a good option I need to try and gauge how much I will loose if any over the next 10 years 

IMHO you look great.
When you have miniaturization, the crown is 50% a matter of lighting. Fibers can be helpful, giving the "shadows" that you need.
I see a great coverage effect from using having a minor micropigmetation and using fibers. A multifactorial approach gives a better result than the "mono therapy" that makes the camouflage more visibile.
If I was you, I would continue with fibers (and semi-permanent micropigmentation).
I would push hard with therapies (fina, mino, keto, DR, some prp, duta mesotherapy) and wait for a second surgery.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Jlee said:

This is absolutely amazing thanks for this information!

is it completely necessary to use both the dermatch and fibre? 
maybe the fibre alone with hairspray could work? 

I have had 1 hair transplant before in 2017 for the front hair line 1800 grafts and maybe 600 grafts put into my beard, 

this is why I’m a bit worried about my donor area and maybe it’s a good idea to see if I carry on loosing hair and maybe try wait until 40 years old aprox at the rate i been loosing Wich is slow, 

You need dermmatch. But toppik can be a little water proof with hair spray. But not like dermmatch.

View my thread

1 hour ago, jjalay said:

Where did you get your first hairtransplant and with how many grafts?

I got my first HT in turkey in 2017 from one of the low cost insta famous clinics,

not sure if I’m allowed to say there actual name so il leave that, 

lucky enough the results were 🔝 quality I have heard some people not being as lucky as me, 

the only thing I would say is I was very un educated with HT,s in general so I wish they would have told me to be more conservative with my hair line and just done the corners so then I would still have even more grafts spare for these future procedures 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duchaine said:

IMHO you look great.
When you have miniaturization, the crown is 50% a matter of lighting. Fibers can be helpful, giving the "shadows" that you need.
I see a great coverage effect from using having a minor micropigmetation and using fibers. A multifactorial approach gives a better result than the "mono therapy" that makes the camouflage more visibile.
If I was you, I would continue with fibers (and semi-permanent micropigmentation).
I would push hard with therapies (fina, mino, keto, DR, some prp, duta mesotherapy) and wait for a second surgery.

Thanks buddy yes I’m fortunate to have a good head of hair and my hair type is very thick so it helps with coverage, 

keto/low carb definitely is a massive factor when I’m eating low carb high fat let’s say only a few bananas per day everything else is protein and fat alot of coconut cream my hair looks night and day different skin as well, 

about the surgery il think very carefully and make a good decision I don’t think im going to be in trouble with either decision because going off my hair loss since the HT in 2017 it’s pretty slow, and im got a decent donor and very thick beard still so I can use these to make my top better 

1 hour ago, Melvin- Admin said:

You need dermmatch. But toppik can be a little water proof with hair spray. But not like dermmatch.

Ok buddy I will check it out and maybe just use that on summer days I know I will swim or beach clubs etc 

2 hours ago, jjalay said:

Where did you get your first hairtransplant and with how many grafts?

Forgot to mention I believe it was 1800 grafts in the hairline and maybe 6/8 hundred in the beard

6 hours ago, Jlee said:

Thanks buddy yes I’m fortunate to have a good head of hair and my hair type is very thick so it helps with coverage, 

keto/low carb definitely is a massive factor when I’m eating low carb high fat let’s say only a few bananas per day everything else is protein and fat alot of coconut cream my hair looks night and day different skin as well, 

about the surgery il think very carefully and make a good decision I don’t think im going to be in trouble with either decision because going off my hair loss since the HT in 2017 it’s pretty slow, and im got a decent donor and very thick beard still so I can use these to make my top better 

I was talking about ketokonzaole...not keto diet!