Number of grafts during first surgery

In my first surgery, I had a total of 3,400 grafts put in.  When I asked the doctor's staff the breakdown of grafts they said this. 

Singles: 400 Multiples 3,000.   Without getting the exact numbers for 2,3, and 4 grafts, do I have high density multiples? Would 3400 grafts yield more singles for other patients?

Hairloss began at age 23. 

Oral Finasteride 1mg daily since 2006, Topical Minoxidil since 2012. Hair transplant 3,400 grafts 2019. Second hair transplant 2,400 grafts in 2023. 

In my case, the clinic barely extracted 5,5% of singles. The singles were really hard to find because I had almost all multiples.
In your case they extracted about 8% singles.
Why? Who knows!
Maybe they extracted 400 singles because the doctor decided that he just needed 400. 
If the doctor looks for a dense pack, the less single he uses, the denser the HT will appear.

Edited by duchaine

Yes, he dense packed.  I wondering if I have more multiples versus singles.  I guess I do, and thats good in order to achieve density. That's what I am trying to figure out. 

Hairloss began at age 23. 

Oral Finasteride 1mg daily since 2006, Topical Minoxidil since 2012. Hair transplant 3,400 grafts 2019. Second hair transplant 2,400 grafts in 2023. 

12 hours ago, FinallyHT said:

Yes, he dense packed.  I wondering if I have more multiples versus singles.  I guess I do, and thats good in order to achieve density. That's what I am trying to figure out. 

With FUT you can calculate the % of singles -multiples.
With FUE it is literally impossible.
Anyway, happy for your dense pack.