1600 FUE grafts with Dr Cooley - 31 year old

Snappy92

Had my first procedure done yesterday with Dr Cooley in Charlotte North Carolina yesterday. I’ve been on min/fin for 8 years and finally decided I was ready. I chose Cooley because I love how natural his results look. I was extremely nervous but it was honestly a breeze. He was amazing and made the whole experience so easy. 

This is 11 months before the procedureIMG_6124.thumb.jpeg.f5519c8e4af19a58e975b630113e94c3.jpegIMG_6116.thumb.jpeg.f5dc943175f05d5c60e88b461f26798f.jpeg

This is about an hour after the procedure in my hotel room IMG_7827.thumb.jpeg.6596e13a0077b63ef69a68251c90d8de.jpegIMG_7823.thumb.jpeg.3a7509ef13107699d8fcfeeae6b8cf77.jpeg

This is the next day IMG_7836.thumb.jpeg.46cdc0f62b32c1fdecb545b781bb9c89.jpegIMG_7832.thumb.jpeg.013d4e18678ba497f1ad6563645c4208.jpegIMG_7839.thumb.jpeg.65f65efca5d3aa9f8cfda57acb3e9caf.jpeg

I did not lower my hair at this time. I would absolutely recommend Cooley to anyone. Sorry it’s hard for me to get good pictures of all the grafts since we decided to keep my hair long on top. I will post more pictures in the coming months!

Edited by Snappy92

why on earth was the recipient area not fully shaven?!?!? This is really strange to me. I definitely understand there are situations partial shave is appropriate, but in this specific circumstance I honestly don't understand why (at least for the recipient area) that it was not fully shaven. 

Dr. Cooley is a fantastic doctor and for all I know it will have 0% affect that it was not fully shaven, but I honestly am confused into the decision here. 

Can you clarify this? thanks. 

16 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

why on earth was the recipient area not fully shaven?!?!? This is really strange to me. I definitely understand there are situations partial shave is appropriate, but in this specific circumstance I honestly don't understand why (at least for the recipient area) that it was not fully shaven. 

Dr. Cooley is a fantastic doctor and for all I know it will have 0% affect that it was not fully shaven, but I honestly am confused into the decision here. 

I bet the patient opted for it this way to help conceal the transplant throughout the recovery months 

• Administrators

Looks super clean 🙏

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 11/23/2023 at 4:33 PM, HappyMan2021 said:

Dr Cooley very often does most of his HTs without shaving the patients recipient, i think you’ll see on this forum that most of his patients have a non-shave approach. 

Day 8

Figure I’d share my hairline and how great the donor area already looks. Sorry for the bad pictures and messed up haircut. I’ll be cutting it before returning to work in 4 days. It’s also very difficult to get good pictures of the grafts with longer hair covering them. 

IMG_7878.jpeg

IMG_7883.jpeg

IMG_7879.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...