Vaping

hello @UKLad81. I stopped vaping a couple of months ago as I’m booked in for a HT in February next year. Always suffered from poor circulation in my feet but since stopping I’ve noticed a difference. Good circulation after a hair transplant can only be a good thing to give yourself the best chance of a result you’re happy with. Good luck 

IMHO, vaping is not as detrimental as full blown smoking however the ideal is no vaping at all.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

On 11/23/2023 at 12:19 AM, UKLad81 said:

I’m a vaper and am due for surgery in a couple of weeks. Is it true that vaping could impact both the surgery and the overall result? Interested to know how others have managed this during HT?

I vaped before and after my first, had no issues at all. 

• 1 month later...

Hey @UKLad81, it's a valid concern you have there. Vaping could indeed have an impact on surgery and the overall outcome, especially if it involves hair transplantation. Nicotine can affect blood circulation and potentially slow down the healing process.
Considering alternatives like the Crystal Pro Max might be a good idea if you're looking to minimize nicotine intake before surgery.
Ultimately, it's crucial to consult with your healthcare provider and discuss your vaping habits and any necessary precautions before your surgery. They can provide personalized guidance to ensure the best possible outcome.

Edited by MarcAdkins

The thing with vaping is the amount of concentrated nicotine that is added to the oil can affect how restricted the oxygen can be to the blood.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY